How to save tab settings

I know that this was answered in a thread already but I cannot find it…

How do I save the settings in the various RT tabs (i.e. which tools are expanded and which are not) so RT launches next time with the same tools opened / closed?

Hermann-Josef

1 Like

@Heckflosse

Thanks for the fast reply. I will take a note on that so I do not forget this again!

Hermann-Josef

@Heckflosse
Saving the settings upon exit does work. However, saving the settings now, does not seem to work.

Hermann-Josef

Did you disable the Save on exit checkbox?

1 Like

Yes, I did.

Let me check…

… works perfectly fine here

You need to click on Okay and not on Cancel in this screen after clicking “Save now”.

@Heckflosse & @ChasingShadows

Sorry, but it does not work as I expect. I did the following:
The colour management tab is collapsed in my current setting upon starting RT. Then I expanded this tab, hit “save tool status now” and exited with okay (with disabled Save on exit checkbox). Then I left RT and started it again. The colour management tab should now be open but it is still collapsed.

Hermann-Josef

It works here for version “5.6-912-g4a9708cbd” … only “Local adjustments” won’t save correctly. Which version do you have?

My version on Win10 64bit is as follows:

Version: 5.6
Branch: 5.6
Commit: 5a4ed7317
Commit date: 2019-04-20
Compiler: gcc 8.3.0
Processor: generic x86
System: Windows
Bit depth: 64 bits
Gtkmm: V3.24.1
Lensfun: V0.3.2.0
Build type: release
Build flags: -m64 -mwin32 -msse2 -mfpmath=sse -mthreads -Wno-aggressive-loop-optimizations -Wno-parentheses -std=c++11 -mtune=generic -Werror=unused-label -Wall -Wuninitialized -Wno-deprecated-declarations -Wno-unused-result -fopenmp -Werror=unknown-pragmas -DNDEBUG -O3 -ftree-vectorize
Link flags: -m64 -mthreads -static-libgcc -mtune=generic -s -O3 -fno-use-linker-plugin
OpenMP support: ON
MMAP support: ON

Hermann-Josef

Do you use METM (Multiple Editor Tabs Mode)?

@Heckflosse

Ahhh, now I remember as you mention this! There was a problem with the METM, which I do use, indeed.

Hermann-Josef