How to send to Piwigo?

Apologies if this has been posted before and I’ve missed it, but I’m trying to upload images from Darktable to Piwigo, but having no luck. It says it can’t find the server. Any tips?

Anyway, thanks for making Darktable, it’s really a great piece of software.

As far as I know, you can only choose a directory (in your local pc) to ouput images to. I use piwigo as well, but I have to store the processed images in a directory, then sync my piwigo with this diectory.

Hi everyone. Has anyone had success exporting to piwigo recently (version 3.x)?
I get the “not authenticated, cannot reach server” message.

My server is on my LAN; I have SSL set up correctly - piwigo runs great under https in a browser.

However whether I use external IP and port number (I port forward from a different number than 443) or just internal IP, or just hostname, the result is the same.

Before I dig through the source to try to troubleshoot, has anyone worked this out?

One slight wrinkle: I notice a dropdown “accounts” (below) which shows only a thin black line on clicking the arrow. Is this everyone else’s experience also? Is it intended to sync with piwigo user accounts?

I hope your have resolved it, but if not…
I don’t quite understand your description of problem. I understand your piwigo is installed on your own LAN, then you should be able to go to
Tools → syncronize
You will have to put the new photos onto the gallery file, and the above tool will allow you to search the new photos and synchronize into piwigo database.

BTW, you have to log into your piwigo admin so you can access Tools.

Also, my piwigo is 2.9X, and the latest is 2.10.2. So where did you get version 3.x

Hi Krist, thanks for getting back.
Thanks for the tip. If I understand correctly, you’re saying what you did to @cschack last July.
I’ll take this approach (export to a folder, then synchronize) if necessary, but I’m still hoping to be able to use the export tool specific to piwigo in darktable.
Sorry, the 3.x is a reference to darktable version, not piwigo!
Version of Piwigo is 2.10.2

Hi Martin, now I understand your question. I am on dt v3.0.1. I just tried to change the dt export directory to my network drive (on my xigmanas server) and can choose any folder in the the drive. So, you should be able to export it to the gallery directory in you piwigo installation. If you cannot, maybe try to reinstall darktable.
However, my setup is simple. My darktable is on one pc, and the network drive is on the same network. I don’t go thru port forwarding, ssl, etc.

Yes, you need to connect with an admin user of piwigo

1 Like

Thanks - I’ve started my trial period on cloud-hosted piwigo and the darktable plugin works there perfectly.

1 Like

Guess this solved my question too :grinning: