How to specify JPEG save output path

Greetings!

Filmulator is shaping up nicely, and I am looking to use it for some (low stakes right now) production work where agility is favored over brute force.

My question is, right now the saved JPEG files just go into the same directory as where the fresh imports sit. I’d like to be able to export to a different or new directory, such as making a folder with the event title and putting all the new JPEGs there. If this is currently possible and I don’t know how to do it (I couldn’t seem to find any obvious way in the GUI) then I’d like to be enlightened… otherwise, will this feature implemented soon?

Thank you in advance,

Boltonius

1 Like

In the next version (I’m working on implementing noise reduction) I’ll have that feature.

2 Likes

Sweet! Thank you for your speedy reply :-). Any idea of an ETA on that? The JPEG save, not the (I’m guessing more difficult to do) noise reduction.

Honestly I’m not sure.

A good save dialog is going to take a decent amount of thinking to make sure it covers enough use-cases without being clunky.

1 Like

As a user who enjoys being able to easily save jpegs in the same directory as the raw files, I’m silently praying that this particular functionality won’t be complicated by new save dialogs where I constantly have to select a different directory (since my raw files are placed in different directories from one shooting session to the next) :slight_smile:

I’m planning on adding a third button to the left of Save TIFF and Save JPEG, that will bring up a dialogue to select where and how to save the output.