How to uninstall automated dev builds of RT 5.8

Sorry if this seems like a rather daft question; I would be grateful for advice:

I have the github automated build of RawTherapee_dev_5.8_2692… version installed. I can’t remember what I did to install it, but for whatever reason it seems to be installed in its own folder on one of my ‘data’ drives, where it appears I extracted it. I.e. it is not in c:\Program Folders*. There does not appear to be an uninstall program or command. Can I uninstall it merely by deleting the directory where the original, downloaded ,zip file was unpacked?

How does the newer build version 5.6,2983… pick up things like any presets I have created ?

The program and personal configuration are separate.

I install in $HOME/.local/rt.dvlp/, and my user settings/configuration is in $HOME/.config/rt.dvlp/

Every build after the make step I fully remove the content of $HOME/.local/rt.dvlp/ before running make install

The above example is Linux specific, but I’m sure Windows does it basically the same way.

TL;DR: There’s no uninstall program, you need to remove the content of that directory yourself.

Also have a look here: RawPedia: File Paths

That reference was most helpful; thank you.

Sadly my Windows installation has unilaterally decided to ignore the organization shown in that RawPedia article. For example there is no ‘config’ folder present in the LOCALAPPDATA folder tree. There is however a ‘profiles’ folder which predates, by about 2 years, a ‘profiles’ folder in the directory where I have just unpacked the latest dev. build of RT for Windows.

Fortunately, it all seems to work after the updated dev. build was installed, so I’m not going to worry about these inconvenient facts…

There is no folder called config in win 10. In %localappdata% you find one (or many) folders like RawTherapee-5.8-dev or just RawTherapee as described in the chapter “File Paths”. And inside these folders it looks like
This list mainly depends on the usage of the environment variables RT_SETTINGS and/or RT_CACHE