How to update (refresh) folders?

When I put new files into a folder Raw Therapee doesn’t see them. How do I get folders to automatically refresh?

I found that double clicking the folder in the “File Browser” refreshes the folder. Not sure that there is an automatic way to do it.

1 Like

DOHHHHH! I’m getting senile! Thanks!

2 Likes

I don’t know (or remember) there’s an auto refresh feature, but you can click this button to refresh.

It is right beside the directory bar and is pretty small. I guess it’s the “intended” button for refreshing folders.

1 Like

What that does on my computer is to reload the default startup folder as specified in Preferences>File Browser>Image Directory at Startup.

It should be refreshing the folder you opened in file browser. Does it brings you back to the default image directory you set when you’ve opened another folder?

It should do this automatically iirc. Do you consistently have this issue?

I’ve wondered about this but never thought to mention it or ask about it. I always double click on the folder/directory to, as it turns out force, a refresh.

It doesn’t. Well…

It doesn’t “98 out of a 100”. Very occasionally it does pick up and show a new RAW/Image automatically.

Old and very recent self build and appimages alike on a Linux (Debian 10.10) system.

Yesterday it brought me back to the default startup folder. Today it’s refreshing the current folder that I am viewing.

FYI I’m also a double clicker. I normally don’t need to refresh but I’m sure it doesn’t always update (if at all, will have a look this evening)

It does not update at least in the case, when the try to update automatically occurs in a moment, when the file is not yet completely written to storage (e.g. you’re downloading a file to the current acitve folder in RT)

Yep, that works. Thanks. Where’s that illustration from?

Sorry, forgot to add that. It’s from Getting Started - RawPedia.

1 Like