How to use Photometric CC in Siril when image is drizzled 2x?

When I up the image by 2x in DSS, Siril has trouble finding stars to match.

I tried upping the pixel size for x2, downsample image, force plate solving, etc… but nothing helped.
Basically, I cannot get Siril to work with x2 drizzle stacks, even though literally nothing else changed.

Do all your process with siril first.
It will compute the right pixel size including drizzle.

It will be easier (my opinion)

If stars are not found, see this: Siril - FAQ

You mean to stack in Siril, instead of DSS?

I once stacked files in Siril and it was painfully slow as my files were on a SATA drive and not M.2 SSD. DSS doesn’t seem to mind, it’s equally fast. I have a lot of files since I’m going untracked.

Not sure if that changed in Siril v1.2, might try.

Siril is optimized to work in SSD disk where the process goes really fast.

Yeah, my RAW files are 40mb per image and I have hundreds of them to stack… so it’s a pain for Siril and I cannot keep them on an SSD.

DSS, on the other hand, doesn’t care, it’s equally fast. Probably the way it handles data differs. I wish I could switch entirely to Siril, but this combo also works - DSS for stack, Siril for all major image processing and PS for noise removal, masks and final touches.

Anyway, back to original question - I managed to sort this out.
One guy pointed me to actually lower the pixel size when using drizzle 2x. And I did the opposite. No wonder it didn’t work.

The moment you half your pixel size, you can do drizzle 2x, crops, everything - Siril finds stars right away and Photometric CC is manageable!