Hi everyone,
I just released version 1.6.2 of RapidRAW and I am really excited to share that I finally added camera tethering. This is something I wanted to add for a while, but I held off because dealing with the dependencies seemed tricky.
You can now plug in your camera via USB and shoot straight into the app. It supports a real-time live view, and you can change your shutter speed, aperture, ISO, white balance, and more right from the sidebar. I also added a ghost overlay feature so you can fade your last photo over the live view to keep your framing exactly the same between shots. When you take a photo, it automatically saves to your folder and you can even have it apply a color preset instantly.
Because it uses libgphoto2 under the hood, I had to make it a separate download. You just need to install libgphoto2 on your system first and then download the specific tethering build from the release page. Right now it only works on macOS and Linux. Windows is unfortunately not supported because of how the native OS drivers take over the USB camera connection & gphoto2 incompatibilities.
I could only test this feature on my Sony a7III. If you have a different camera and decide to try it out, please let me know if it works for you.
You can find the tethering builds in the latest GitHub release here:
Thanks and wishing you all a nice weekend,
Timon
