I will be out of commission for a couple of weeks

I have to be away for a week or two. I went to the opthalmologist today and discovered that I have a detached retina. They almost put me into surgery tonight, but they decided to wait until tomorrow.

:anguished:

2 Likes

We wish you a successful surgery and a speedy recovery! But take it easy until you’re 100%!

2 Likes

Good luck Tim! We’ll look forward to hearing from you once you have completed your recovery.

2 Likes

Oooh, you’re in my prayers. No worries, we’ll still be discussing filmic when you return!

3 Likes

A few friends from a choir of which I used to be a member had this surgery. They all recovered splendidly, one taking a bit longer to recover. Take care!

1 Like

Best wishes for a quick recovery

1 Like

Stay brave, you will get well soon again. I wish you a speedy recovery!

1 Like

Get well soon!

1 Like

Hope to see you again soon after a successful surgery and a speedy recovery.

1 Like

Good luck!

1 Like

Get well soon and, how they say, have a speedy recovery. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the encouragement, everyone. This is a great community.

2 Likes

Get well soon, and wishing you a speedy recovery!

1 Like

All the best, get well soon !

1 Like

So, my surgery was last Tuesday, Mar 30. I have had two follow-up appointments, and the doctors tell me that my recovery is going well. I’m not ready to resume photo editing yet, though.

Thanks for all the well wishes!

9 Likes

Cool beans!

1 Like

You could probably come up with interesting edits. If you have the energy, try it and laugh about it afterwards. But don’t go overboard; plenty of rest is what the doctor ordered. :wink:

1 Like

Good to read you’re doing OK and are recovering well.

1 Like

@Tim How is it going with your eye? Rainbows and unicorns? :joy_cat:

When you get back, remember my tip on gallery view. Currently, because you placed the CC badge as the first image in your post, we see it in the gallery rather than your lovely photo.

2 Likes

Thanks, now I understand what you meant. I will be more careful about that. I had just been trying to make sure I didn’t forget to add the license info.

I am doing pretty well, thanks. It is three weeks since my surgery and the doctor says my recovery is progressing as expected. There is still one little “unicorn” that I will ask him about at my next follow-up, if it’s still happening.

5 Likes