Icon size on high resolution monitor

Hi all - a newbie here

My monitor has a resolution of 3840x2160 - this causes problems with most apps but I can scale up system-wide (I’m in Tumbleweed and KDE/plasma) and it mostly works - unless it’s a gnome app which goes its marry way without taking any notice of system settings.

And so to RT : in the File Browser the icons above and on the thumbnails are almost invisible it could be that those that are next to curves in the editing tabs are similarly afflicted, but they’re more visible.

I’ve seen that there are .css files for the interface - and one called sizes - the only thing is I don’t know which element I’m looking for to play with to try and make the icons bigger (if it were a web page, it would be easy). The alternative, I suppose - if the icons are simply displayed “as is” is to find them and double them in size.

Any ideas or solutions welcome.

We would need to know the exact specifics… versions, etc.

Sorry - wasn’t notified of your reply.
Version 5.8 - can’t get any more specific than that… interestingly, when RT crashes, so does Chromium.

Sounds like you’re running out of ram. If you close chromium, does RT still crash?

Not ram, I’ve checked - 8 giga is pretty significant! - and Chrome is the only thing that crashes. Firefox doesn’t, nor any other apps. I’ve now switched to Vivaldi… and it doesn’t crash. I only used Chrome for streaming radio and Vivaldi is faster - and private!

Still no advice how to make icons bigger on larger screens…

Thanks, I’ll try it when I’m next in front of the beast

You mean this perhaps?

Nope, I don’t need to use HIDPI mode on my 27" 2760 x 1440 monitor.

Ticking Pseudo high resolution worked for me.

2 Likes