Imaginario 0.9 released, bring the fastest face tagging ever

Hi all!
I’m happy to announce that I’ve just released Imaginario 0.9, whose big feature is the new face tagging flow:

While Imaginario is still to be considered of alpha release, I would still appreciate if people could try it out and leave some feedback. Imaginario can be downloaded by following the links in the original release announcement.

3 Likes

Hello, I had a quick look at the Linux AppImage, v0.9. Some remarks:

• I opened a photo folder, then Imaginario started to copy all the files in it to /home/user. I’m not sure this is a practical approach, my complete photo directory is over 500G for the moment and I don’t want them to be copied.
  • I can’t navigate using the slider in the window with the imported photos, the slider is inactive.
  • I switched to face-tagging mode, and tagged one face. It appeared on the left side under Uncategorized. I could drag it to the People section. But clicking on it did not show up the tagged face.
  • Making the window bigger (by dragging a corner) garbled the window and my four processor cores were, and stayed, at max. I had to kill the app, then restart it.

My preliminary conclusion: still some work to do! :wink:

But the idea of face-tagging this way isn’t bad at all.

Regards, Paul.

Thanks for trying it out, Paul!

I opened a photo folder, then Imaginario started to copy all the files in it to /home/user.

Do you mean actually home/user, or some subdirectory? The default directory should be /home/user/Pictures; this is the folder that is suggested by default by the first-usage wizard, but it can be changed. Also, when you use the “Import” button to import photos, you can deselect the “Copy pictures to the Photos folder”, and your files won’t be copied at all.

But I realize now, that this does not apply to the first-usage wizard: when importing the photo database from another program, there’s no option to disable the copying. I’ll fix that, but do you think that the other use-case needs some fixing as well? Any suggestions? :slight_smile:

I can’t navigate using the slider in the window with the imported photos, the slider is inactive.

Mmm… which slider? If you mean the vertical scrollbar, that should be enabled if not all items are visible; I just checked, and it seems to be the case here. So I guess you are talking of some other control?

I switched to face-tagging mode, and tagged one face. It appeared on the left side under Uncategorized. I could drag it to the People section. But clicking on it did not show up the tagged face.

A single click only selects the tag. This means that any other tags you create will be created as children of the currently selected tag. Indeed, there’s no action associated to the double click, and it seems reasonable to assign it to the search – I’ll do that!

Meanwhile, you can right-click on the tag and choose “Find”.

Making the window bigger (by dragging a corner) garbled the window and my four processor cores were, and stayed, at max. I had to kill the app, then restart it.

That should not be the case, indeed. Are you able to see if it happens all the time? Which Linux distribution are you using (and which display protocol: is it Wayland of X11?)?

My preliminary conclusion: still some work to do! :wink:

I’m going back to work, then! :slight_smile: But many thanks for spending your time on it!

Ciao,
Alberto