Imaginario, an F-Spot lookalike

Hi there! :slight_smile:

I want to let you know of a new, alpha quality, photo manager application that I developed: Imaginario. It’s open source and cross-platform, and those who have used F-Spot in the past will certainly recognize a similar UI:

Indeed, Imaginario is heavily inspired by F-Spot, though it is a completely different code-base and will eventually diverge with time. One major difference is that Imaginario has no functionality to edit photos whatsoever; all editing is delegated to external editors. Imaginario is focused on metadata, so you will find:

• Display of geolocation information
  • Image tags
  • Image rating
  • Filtering on all the above, plus date
  • Image versioning
  • Import of photo database from F-Spot, Shotwell and DigiKam
  • Upload and publishing (via PhotoTeleport)

Going forward, I plan to implement area tags (typically used to tag people faces on photos), video support, better integration with external tools. And whatever this forum suggests, time permitting. :slight_smile:

Reminding you once again that this is alpha quality, use at your own risk and all of that, I warmly invite you to try it out (you can get it from imaginario.mardy.it), and let me know your precious feedback.

Ciao,
Alberto

7 Likes

Looks very cool!

Sounds cool, is it color managed?

Looks pretty cool!

No, I haven’t looked into color management yet. Do you have any recommendation about which libraries to integrate (Imaginario is written in C++/Qt/QML)? Is LittleCMS the way to go?

@mardy this will come in useful for macOS: Wide-gamut preview in macOS

1 Like

I’m sorry, I have no idea what’s best. I’m just a basic user of photography programs. I’m sure some devs will help you here.

1 Like