Important stuff just disappeared?

When opening RT, stuff like File Browser, Queue, Editor…along the top; Places, Recent Folders …along the left side; Inspect, Export…along the right side, are all missing. However, when going to close, I found that there were other open RTs. So, after closing everything and re-opening, the “correct” UI opened. Can anyone explain what was happening: Loss of these tools and finding that many IUs of RT were still open even though I had closed them?

See the wiki page for multi tab editor mode and single tab editor mode.

Thanks. Through Preferences, I have always been set on single tab editor and have always had the missing stuff available on opening and when bringing in new images. Must be gremlins, eh?

Only you can tell us about your personal computer :wink: we just try to point you in the right direction.

Sorry guys, but I don’t think I gave you “all” the info that would be needed to come up with the answer to my question. I had to fiddle around a bit to see just what was (may have been) happening to cause the disappearance. I now note that if I am viewing an image in Faststone, right click it, and choose RT from the dropdown content menu to edit, this is when I get the aforementioned stuff is not showing up…just that image and everything else to edit it. However, if I choose to RT edit by first choosing a file/thumbnail directly from File Explorer (Windoows 10), that image will open in RT with everything available. So, this is my explanation for what is happening…make sense?

I might add here, that when I do the transfer from Faststone to RT, at first a blank RT Console opens briefly, then is quickly replaced by the RT UI with the called image, but with stuff missing. Can someone explain what the blank RT Console is about? Could it be that I have a corruption in RT and need to re-install it?

Read this one Command-Line Options - RawPedia

Read the article your referenced, but to tell you the truth, an old fart (81) like me does have trouble using code…not sure of the code, nor where to place it. But I think I do see that with such code in place, when choosing RT from anywhere, RT will open with all its stuff??? However, when given some direction, I’m pretty good at getting the right results. So, if you can, show me the correct code and where it goes, I’ll be in business. Thanks.