Importing into Gimp from Raw Therapee

Hey all,

So im having a small issue when using Rawtherapee and Gimp as the external editor.
When I choose open file in external editor from Rawtherapee, it opens Gimp, but Gimp does not see the tmp file. I just get an error message.

Opening ‘/tmp/_DSF2342.tif’ failed: Error opening file /tmp/_DSF2342.tif: No such file or directory

Running ubuntu 19, Rawtherapee 5.5.1, Gimp 2.10.10

Any help appreciated.

Regards

Is the tif file actually written to /tmp? Do you have proper permissions to that folder?

The tif is written to /tmp, and if i check the permissions, I have read and write access to the tif files within /tmp.

Very good.

Are you using the RT plugin in GIMP or have you set gimp to be the editor inside or RT?

I just set gimp to be the editor in RT.

I think is better to use RT as raw processor from Gimp. Gimp 2.10.10 Partha´s build works fine in this sense, same as darktable does.

How do go get the Partha Build on Ubuntu? Sorry probably a stupid question, but ive just moved to a Linux system.

Just as an update, even if i go through my files on my drive and browse to /tmp and select open with gimp I get the same message. Image viewer on the otherhand opens it no problem.

I can also confirm that the issue does not happen in Gimp 2.10.8