In pursuit of faking HDR with a single image

Been on this quest for quite a while now. Recently made some strides. :slight_smile:

ref: http://www.fontplay.com/freephotos/2nd500n/fpfreefoto-2225.jpg

The HDR is strong with this one. Eek!

2 Likes

Intentional paperdigits. lol

As I stated elsewhere. Some folk like HDR; some don’t. To each his or her own. :wink:

:slight_smile:

I think you’ve succeeded in your mission!

Thanks. I’ve also pushed more fantasy like renders (original motivation). Can see an example below at my flickr. :slight_smile:

Jungle | ref: fullhdpictures.com/jungle-desktop.html Yup; st… | Flickr

At first I didn’t know what I was looking at: information overload – can’t compute. Once my eyes adjusted: it is so fuzzy that I want to reach out and touch it!

@lylejk, if you don’t mind some feedback, I would lessen the effect in some areas in order to make other areas pop out more; i.e., how would you like to direct the viewers gaze?

lol

As for what look you would like, only you can adjust it to your own personal taste, afre. Like I said, to each his (or her) own. :wink:

Like a Magic Eye image, the more I look at it, the more I like it. I was just trying to figure out what you were going for. If you were to describe your artistic intent in two sentences, what would it be? Or is it for the viewer to interpret?

Surreal or fantasy HDR Fern Gully like. lol

Just enjoyed looking through these, a great set of images IMHO. Was that you doing military service?

Glad you liked my Flickr. Yes; that was a young me, RC. Had hair then. lolol

Pretty much most of my renders are done using GIMP w/ G’MIC by the way include my current fake HDR binge. :slight_smile: