In the Name of Art?

I was watching an episode of Andor the other day, when I noticed that the ‘navigation device’ that was being used was a re-purposed Polaroid SX-70. Things like this always concern me; will this encourage cosplayers and those that are into ‘prop replication’ to start buying and ruining these beutiful pieces of history? As an avid fan of vintage photography gear, it always concerns me. I can’t tell you how many perfectly good camera lenses have rolled accross my bench that have been positively ruined by ‘modifications’ being made to them.

What are your thoughts? Do you think I’m right to be concerned, or should I just accept the way of things? Don’t worry; I’m not asking for psycological advice; :wink: I was just wondering what other people think in general — am I with the majority or minority, so to speak.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Thatsabooklight/comments/xwbtsq/tv_andor_2022_polaroid_sx70_used_as_a/

1 Like

This happened with lightsabers and graflex flash rods, right? Not that I think those were being used for anything much

3 Likes

I inherited an exactra calculator like the one in this render. The red digit lenses are a light saber component. My copy will never be light sabered.

3 Likes

Now that is a thing of beauty!

1 Like