In the style of Giorgio De Chirico (Rome, 2017)

It’s the first time for me too, and I promise you that I didn’t intend to Censorize any of your beautiful photography. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
I was just playing…

1 Like

Here is your 70’ travel guide book colours version

_DSC6391_01.NEF.xmp (14.8 KB)

I’d have used colour zones but since I’m curious about channel mixer, tried to stick to that.
With reworked contrast and local contrasts.

2 Likes

I re-read the Manual about Channel mixer today and still I can’t say I understood how to use it. The Manual is very good, the problem is me.
Nice edit.

I’m not really sure that I’m good at those :wink: but I tried!

I exported a B&W version of my original version, then a saturated but lower contrast colour version, then brought them in to GIMP.
There I applied the ‘waterpixel’ effect to the color image, then overlaid it on the B&W image with blending mode ‘darken only’. A little bit graphic.

1 Like

It’s kind of un-intuitive but actually simple. (edit: it took me ages to understand it to start with!)
In this view
I’m on the “R” tab. That means I’m controlling the amount of red in the pixels.

The three sliders let you control the amount of red in the red, green and blue parts of the image.

I find it useful to bear in mind that in general, it’s best to keep adjustments balanced.
By that I mean that if, in the screenshot above, I slide the “B” slider down to say -0.200 to reduce red in blue areas of the image, I will slide the “R” slider up to +1.200. Otherwise I get an overall color cast.
But this way, I get a bluer sky (actually more cyan as that’s the opposite of red) and the reddish parts of the image just get a little more red.

To take another example, if I wanted the red areas to be yellowish, I would move to the “G” tab, and increase the “R” slider to increase the amount of green in the red parts of the image, making them more yellow (R+G=yellow), but I would compensate that increase by reducing one (or both) the the other sliders in the “G” tab.

I know this is sort of off topic, but maybe it helps a little? :face_with_peeking_eye:

1 Like

Beautiful picture! Hopefully I did not ruin it :sweat_smile:

_DSC6391_RT-2.jpg.out.pp3 (15.1 KB)

1 Like

For me it was the three figures that grabbed me, so I cropped it to a vertical 6x4 frame. I use the rotate and perspective tool to ensure vertical lines and used two instances of D&S to demosaic sharpen and apply lens deblur. I have come to prefer this over other sharpening methods.

_DSC6391.NEF.xmp (13.2 KB)
_DSC6391

2 Likes

Thank you @123sg I’ll have to play with it keeping in mind your kind explanation.

Hi,

indeed, when you say De Chirico I think of harsh shadows and alien skies, so something like this:

5 Likes

Outstanding!

really nice inspiration, I’d like to try to replicate it in DT, what raw processor did you use ?

I used ART, the parameters are embedded in the picture, though you need also a LUT that I use as display transform to fully reproduce it (if you are interested let me know and I will upload it here)

This is a very interesting take; it completely alters the feels of the photo - nice work.

1 Like

@anon42681393 He took a good photo, he shared it, I made a personal version of his photo, you comment… this is magical.
I am delighted to belong to this community.
Thank you for your comment, really.

1 Like