Initial workflow lua script

I’ll see what it’s choking on and fix it. More than likely it’s a pattern match problem. Opened an issue, script_manager has problems with folders that contain '-' and '.' · Issue #420 · darktable-org/lua-scripts · GitHub

1 Like

There is a new script version 1.3.0 with a “real” release archive to simplify script manager integration.

Just download the newest release archive InitialWorkflowModule.zip. Extract the release archive and all contained folders to your darktable lua script example folder. The folders contained do not have any special characters in their names.

See readme for installation details.

BTW: The sources.zip contains a full git archive now.

1 Like

Despite changing the ‘timeout’ value to 5000, I am still getting an error message regarding this value.
Any ideas?
I am running a fairly new Dell G5 with Manjaro/Arch/git version.

Can you send me your log outputs?

Please run

darktable -d lua > mylog.txt

to write log outputs to a file, execute the script and send me that file.

I don’t actually use any Lua scripts, was just trying to help others with the docs.

1 Like

Looking at the log solved the problem. There was a conflict in the chromatic-aberrations caused by my preset. When that was fixed the problem was no more.
Thank you for your help.
I find the initialworkflow interesting despite the fact that it achieves a differing result from my normal process. However for a new user it certainly does achieve a good basic end point.

1 Like

What was the conflict with your preset? Perhaps the script could avoid it?

It is actually supposed to do some basic settings. Could I add something to make the script support your workflow? what is special about that?

Hi, I have the same, when using custom D65 values in the WB module. Deactivating warnings in the settings removes the warning sign in the UI but not on the console. However nothing to really worry about…

Best regards
Till

There was nothing very special in that preset but since that module was mentioned in the log I simply removed the preset and then it all went well.
My preset was simply part of an automated set of processes doing very much what your script does.

After some research I discovered deep in the Lua documentation that dot is not an allowable character in a folder name. When the Lua package loader tries to find the package and load it, it substitutes / for ., so Darktable-Initial-Workflow-Module-1.2.0 becomes Darktable-Initial-Workflow-Module-1/2/0 and thus the module is never found. You could use underscores instead of dots for the version number.

1 Like