Installing G'mic Qt on Windows 10 64 Bits for Gimp 2.10.24

Hello everyone,

First of all thank you for hosting this wonderful platform and providing the public with this great software.
I intend to be a grateful user of G’mic; needing its background removal capacity.
The forum script suggested some similar topics, but I found I could not be helped by them, so I hope that my question will be deemed legitimate. Allow me to state my problem.

First, when I wish to download G’mic Qt I’m provided with a 64-Bits version, while I run Windows 10 32 Bits (I have an old museum-piece of a machine). Is there no 32-Bits version available?

Second, I decided to just give it a go. I downloaded the 64-Bits version in .exe form, not the .zip-file. I execute it, G’mic Qt is installed. But I cannot find it anywhere among the Gimp filters.

What am I not doing right, or seeing here?

Thank you and kindly yours,

Realmwalker

Sorry, but no, we don’t provide a 32bits version of G’MIC anymore.
Maybe @samj could help, I know she provided 32bits versions some times ago.

I hope that in the future you again will, I’m sure there are many dinossaurs like myself whom would appreciate it. Unless, of course, its a technical impossibility. Or: Just make the older versions availabe that still run on 32-Bits. I don’t need to use the latest of the latest. I’d just like to use the background removal faculty of G’mic :-).

Thank you for your kind and fast answer,

Realmwalker

Hello Realmwalker
Old ones live here: Index of /files/windows/32bits_(old)
Not sure whether the background removal is there or not…

The samj portable Gimp does have a 32 bit gmic_gimp_qt.

This page https://samjcreations.blogspot.com/ and well down there, the download
http://www.aljacom.com/~gimp/Gimp-2.10.24-setup-3_Portable_32-64bit-Win.7z (360 MB)

It is a monster, unpacks to 1.8 GB and I do not think pulling the gmic plugin out will work with an existing Gimp 2.10 Give it a try, Find in the 32 / Preferences / plug-ins folder.

The portable 32 bit Gimp 2.10.24 does work. Put the 32 bit folder (900 MB) somewhere , The program uses launchers to set the Gimp environment. Looks like this in a 32 bit Win 7 VM. gmic_gimp_qt version 2.9.7