Installing Photoshop (8bf) plugins in Gimp

I am trying to install Redfield Plugins into Gimp. Some of them work fine.

For others I’m getting this error message :cry: :face_holding_back_tears:

• “pspi: LoadLibrary() failed for C:\Users\HP\Dropbox\ART Program Tools\Plugins- Plugins - DO NOT MOVE\Fractalius3DMagic(X32).8bf: The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail.”

These same plugins worked fine before the factory reset my computer.

Does anyone know what this error message means or how to fix it?

Thank you.
Angel

I did a search and this came up. Dont know if it will help or not

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-application-has-failed-to-start-because-its/634458e4-e02f-4bdc-aab8-c148a9a3f61a

Hi AdmFubar,
Thank you for that link. Unfortunately the steps outlined there to fix the problem don’t work because it’s not Gimp that has the error message, it’s the pspi and only then for some of the plugins.
Angel

That error message is probably related to the Microsoft C runtime, the factory reset would have removed the existing versions.
Reinstalling Fractalius should fix that issue.

Oh, you gave me hope.
Alas, it didn’t work. I hope it’s okay if I attach some screenshots.
Due to past experiences I have a dedicated Dropbox Folder for my Gimp plugins so they are always backed up. And it worked at the beginning of the year without issues (the computer had issues but the Redfield plugins in GIMP didn’t).