Introducing RawWorks - A New Web App for Editing Raw Photos

I get an error trying to open a DNG from OpenCamera on Android:

I was able to open it in ART without a problem.

Here’s the DNG, just a random cellphone shot:
OCI_20230125_202711.dng (23.3 MB)

Hi, I’ve tried with your dng file with no error.

Make sure you are using the latest version. Due to the PWA feature, you need to close the tab and reopen again to update the version.

Like this info shown:

It was running in a “clean tab” yesterday but didn’t work. Today it’s working… who knows. :slight_smile:

Thanks.

1 Like

A new version v0.0.20 is released~

Now Apple ProRaw is supported.

1 Like

Hi @123sg, a new version v0.0.21 is released. Now it supports Firefox in Android.

Due to the chromium texture size limit, chrome in android is not supported for now.

1 Like

That sounds good. I just need to sort out a way of getting raws from my camera to my phone. Probably not something that I’d use very often, but could be very handy!

1 Like

A new version v0.0.23 is released. Now it supports color matrix adjustment.

hum, tried to use it as a channel mixer and did not get the result I expected, I guess it’s a different tool ?

@clind Yes, they are different.

These sliders in RawWorks directly control the process from camera XYZ colorspace to output colorspace.

output = [WhiteBalancedColorInXYZ] * [[r1, g1, b1],
                                      [r2, g2, b2],
                                      [r3, g3, b3]]

output = [r, g, b] * [[r1, g1, b1],
                      [r2, g2, b2],
                      [r3, g3, b3]]

output = [r * r1 + g * g1 + b * b1,     <- new r
          r * r2 + g * g2 + b * b2,     <- new g
          r * r3 + g * g3 + b * b3]     <- new b

For example, if you want to increase the intensity of the red color in photo, you can increase r1 and reduce g1 or b1 (you need to keep the sum of these three equal to 1).

Difference:

For RawWorks:

Let’s increase g1 to the max value. Since g1 only affects the R part of the output RGB, the G and B parts are not changed. The result photo still has green color in it.

For Channel Mixer in Rawtherapee:

Still we put g1 to the max value. Since it changes green channel directly, the green color is almost reduced to 0.

I’ll have a closer look when I can, thanks for the infos !

On a general note, I’m impressed how fast a thing in a browser can be :smiley:

1 Like

Curious, how do you derive the ProRaw colour matrix? I’ve been fucking around with ProRaw files myself, and for iPhones 13-14 I have found it necessary to use the AnalogBalance DNG tag as well, otherwise the results are competely purple. But I don’t see that anywhere in the source code of RawWorks or quickraw. I only see the use of CameraMatrix1 for ProRaw. How do you achieve the correct results?

In fact it looks a lot better than other software working with the files, hues are nicer.

1 Like

I do use ColorMatrix1 only for the small change in code(at lease for the current main version).

And by using ColorMatrix1 and some adjustments, the result is pretty close to the thumbnail inside the raw file.

1 Like

Thanks for mention the AnalogBalance tag. I’m now trying to fix the incorrect color issue for ProRaw.

I don’t know how other software handles the color convert process, but I’ll keep the CM1 available for the color handling process in quickraw.

1 Like