That’s a good idea. Too late for 2.6, but a good idea nonetheless.
- How much work would it be to do it now?
- can we introduce it later without breaking things?
- less than 1 h
- it’s just a UI link between 3 sliders, so yes, the parameters won’t change.
so do it now?
Thinking more about it, no special mode is needed.
- When grey value is changed black and white values should always be recalculated accordingly (As a matter of fact their old values are always meaningless, because referring to the previous grey value).
- Black and white can be adjusted individually as of now.
I’ve made the change on my local copy.
I can confirm that once black and white points are set the grey slider balances nicely the image.
EDIT: I’ve made a pull request in case you wanted to validate the change.
I do not work on HDR images, but sometimes I have images where histogram is on the edges letting the middle part a bit lost somehow, even with contrast lowered to 1.
I was wondering if it could be interesting to have contrast values below 1, a kind of global tone mapping somehow…