IPTC captions, copying from one image to others

Is there an easy way to paste IPTC caption information from one image to others? I know that from the “Information” tab I can create templates, which can be applied to multiple images, but that is only for contact, copyright and similar info. I want to do something similar with the “Description” and “Tags”.

I’m aware that you can mark multiple images and create the same captions for all of them, but then you’re starting from scratch to enter caption information you’ve already made for one or more images. I want to be able to go to an image I’ve already captioned, then apply it to other images, either by a copy and paste, or by creating a template. I have a feeling I’m missing something but I can’t find how to do it.

Thanks.

I think there is a little trick. You can add a caption to one image then add more images to the selection and confirm the caption for all of them. I would have explained better but I am not in front of a computer right now.

Can’t get that to work. When I add another image to the selection, the caption disappears.

Maybe it is platform specific but I think it depends on which one was selected first. I will give it a try tomorrow and will record a short screencast.

Thanks Andrius. I’m running digikam 7.0.0 beta2 on Kubuntu 19.10.

I just played around with what you said about the order of selection. Turns out that if I select the one with the captions last, then I’m able to get those captions to the other images. However, i can’t apply those captions to the other images unless I make a minor edit on the captions, even just entering a space after the captions. It is a usable work around in that at least it’s easier than copying and pasting each caption and title. Thanks.