Is development really important?

Enough is Enough. User is silenced for 2 months.

12 Likes

If you’d like to engage in honest in-person discussion about these, I suggest you attend a Libre Graphics Meetup conference when (if?) certain global issues become less problematic.

It’s more an aspect of “how does this help my own workflow?” The devs are quite possibly the people getting the most out of the way their own program works—who are you to say that x result is better?

Personal tastes and expectations play a role too. darktable devs might prefer darktable’s output to Filmulator’s, and I certainly prefer Filmulator’s output to darktable’s. Same thing will be true comparing Lightroom to darktable or anything else.

1 Like

I am really sorry but this person is clearly a troll or has NPD.

Despite several well meaning attempts to get anything resembling empathy or consensus he just continues to sling away…

What are narcissistic traits (characteristics)?

Healthcare providers diagnose NPD when you have at least five of the following characteristics:

• Overinflated sense of self-importance.
  • Constant thoughts about being more successful, powerful, smart, loved or attractive than others.
  • Feelings of superiority and desire to only associate with high-status people.
  • Need for excessive admiration.
  • Sense of entitlement.
  • Willingness to take advantage of others to achieve goals.
  • Lack of understanding and consideration for other people’s feelings and needs.
  • Arrogant or snobby behaviors and attitudes.

I am seriously impressed with all the efforts to understand and engage this individual. In the end there is absolutely no excuse to behave that way and only on social media would someone behave this way…

7 Likes

Wow…

???

We are supposed to take advice from a child molester?

You should always use the tooling that works for you.

So we are either hiding in the shadows or you know us well enough to peg us as “social isolated types.” You have to pick one or the other.

You mean I know how to use the quote button in the forum. These are all things you’ve said.

So everyone is clear, this forum is absolutely not a free speech zone, and it never was. If you’d read any of our ToS or FAQ, it would be clear that this isn’t a free speech zone.

If you re-read the threads, the only hostility is coming from you, and it still is.

In fact, your straight line brush has been implemented in ART, so things work: when the idea is good enough and there is motivation from a developer, the feature is implemented.

I would like to be on public record to state that if someone or something is paying people not to do things, I would like to be a part of that. Please contact me to pay me to do nothing.

Lastly, mental health is a serious thing, and if you need help in Denmark, please seek it out: https://www.psykiatri-regionh.dk/english/Sider/default.aspx

7 Likes