Is it possible to add HDR video tone mapping algorithms to RAW processing software?

There are several tone mapping algorithms available in the open source mpv player, such as Reinhard, Hable and BT.2390. Since RAW photos store a very high dynamic range, is it possible to add those algorithms to programs like ART or DarkTable? I know there are currently other tools like log tone mapping but I wonder what the result will be with these ones since they were developed with video in mind
Edit: let’s say we want the final picture to be displayed with a normal 100 nit brightness

BT.2390 is mentioned several times here, and so is Hable:

Thanks. The images in the first post look really nice

I think photoflow may have some of those…not sure but going from memory of using it a few times…I think it might support some aces/OCIO elements as well…I am sure someone could enhance that if its true and steer you in the right direction… @Carmelo_DrRaw

Note that any curve-based tonemapping (e.g. global tonemapping) is suitable to video - it’s only local tonemapping algorithms that aren’t well suited.

This even includes basic S-Curves such as RawTherapee’s tone curve, darktable’s basecurve, and darktable’s filmic

I routinely have tonemapped video just by tweaking RT tone curves to generate a HALD CLUT. (Although if the dynamic range encoded in the video is significant, I’ve found that instead of tweaking the first tone curve to taste, it’s easier to turn on a second curve to modify the results of the “standard film curve”)

Yes, PhotoFlow has many. From the top of my mind, I can think of Relight, Tone Mapping, Tone Mapping Old, Tone Mapping v3 and Local Contrast. Within each module, there are multiple options and sliders.

These have tone mapping explicitly in mind. Other modules use tone mapping principles; e.g., Color Correction, etc.

Thanks, I’ll check that out

In my hack raw processing software, the tone operator is really a motley “zoo” of tone operators, including Reinhard, and Hable (which is really a filmic curve). The current release has all those.

In the git master branch is an additional operator, one that uses a tone curve captured in a simple 1D LUT. With that, one can write a simple program or script to generate such a LUT and use it in my software.