Is it possible to 'join' x and y curves in the Curve Editor?

In a Transform node I can switch to a “single value for all dimensions” when numerically editing the “Scale” value. This makes sense as it is frequently useful to have the value applied equally in the x and y dimensions.

Is it possible to do the same thing in the Curve Editor? I can only seem to exit the x and y “Scale” curves separately, which invariably means I end up distorting the image in one dimension.

You can’t join x and y like in after effects but:

• if x and y scale are shown separately click the “2” box again to make it become single box again
  • when you create the scale keys right click + set key “all dimensions”
  • in the graph editor make sure to select x and y keys to move them together (of course you must have created x and y keys in the first place). It’s sometimes tricky. I found clicking the “2” in the properties editor can solve the problem

Thanks for the reply.

The “2” box doesn’t seem to have any effect in the curve editor. I can create the keys together using “2” and “all dimensions” in the properties tab, as you suggest, but the problem comes when I want to move the x and y keys together in the curve editor.

I can’t see how to select (and hence move) them at the same time. Drawing a selection box around the keys doesn’t work, nor does Ctrl-clicking each key in turn.

What am I missing?

Hi, here it is working fine (tested on scale of a transform on natron 2.3.16 snapshot win10) .
I can:
select “scale x” and “scale y” curves (orange hilighted)
box-select the x and y keys in the curve editor
move the keys (cursor turned into cross with arrows ends)

If you’re really stucked paste this expression on scale.y:
thisParam.get()[0]
This will copy x to y

Please send the buggy project to see if we can reproduce it here

You’re quite right! My apologies - I’m not sure what I was doing before, but box-selecting the keys does indeed work as you describe.

(Although it doesn’t seen to be possible to grab the handles on the spline controls together…)

Many thanks.