is it posssible to change ratio with resize tool?

the problem:
the RAW-file is a photo of 3:2, the target is to bring it to 16:9 because on this one pic i dont want to cut off anything, means i don’t want to crop.

Whatever i try with the resize module ends up in the given aspect ratio of the RAW-file.
If i understand RawPedia correctly, the ratio is automaticly adapted with the specify.

Is there a trick or function available to make it possible to change the ratio by resizing, which i overlooked?

To my knowledge you cannot do scaling using RawTherapee.

You can crop, but this will remove parts of the original 3:2 image or you can resize, but this will keep the ratio (be it 3:2 or any other you set with the crop tool).

You’ll need something like Krita or GIMP for this.

I wonder if the question was about letterboxing (adding matte borders) rather than scaling.

@afre

If that would be the question: Still not possible.

RawTherapee doesn’t have a border/framing functionality. You can be creative (Add a border to an image), but this will remove the outer parts of the image (border is not added, it is created from the edge inward).

@Jade_NL
thanks for your answer, i am happy not having overlooked a “simple” solution :slight_smile:

thats how i finally solved the “problem”

@afre good idea, which also would solve the problem, but my question indeed was to scale the pic.

thanks again!

Another possibility:

magick toes.png -resize 16:9 x.png 

x

I am aware. Just leaving a gentle feature request. :wink: @heckflosse

@snibgo What long toes you have!