Isle of Harris, Scotland

A friendly reminder that this forum focuses on Free and Open Source software, specifically the Play Raw section. Play Raw is about sharing and learning from others. Without Foss, that learning is restricted and does not benifit the community. There isn’t even a side car file nor instruction or text about what you even did, so it isn’t really in keeping with the spirit of things.

2 Likes

lovely scene and light, thanks for sharing. my rendition using dt 4:

P1082742.RW2.xmp (20.3 KB)

1 Like

My interpretation of GIMP

2 Likes

I will try and add the xmp when back home. I don’t feel mine is an exceptional edit as I struggled to understand what the scene looked like tothe photographer. I like the edit where the person lifted the greens

I was thinking in more general terms. You often give pretty detailed descriptions of your editing process, but don’t include the xmp. I follow your instructions as closely as possible to recreate your edit, but I usually wish I had your xmp. Perhaps its better for me to have to work to recreate it. Anyway, it’s your call about including the xmp.

Thanks Bill. I will start including the xmp file in future. I plan to revisit this image of the Isle of Harris and have a fresh go at it after seeing other edits. When I do that I will post the xmp file.

Hi Bill,
I added the xmp file for my first edit. I intend to have another go editing this image and will include the xmp file. Cheers.

P1082742.RW2.xmp (7.9 KB)

This is a more brighter and colourful interpretation of the scene than my previous edit. I used cloudy WB setting to add warmth. I brightened the exposure. I used both tone equalizer and the color balance rgb modules to adjust the shadows. I played with settings in the color balance module to add more colour to image compared to my previous edit.

5 Likes

This was my take … tried to get a little more detail in those dark spots. Certainly a nice moody image.

2 Likes

DT 4.0.0

P1082742.RW2.xmp (7.9 KB)

1 Like

My version…

P1082742.RW2.xmp (16.7 KB)

1 Like

P1082742.RW2.xmp (67.5 KB)

Kind of a tough one for me. I like that house on the hill. I wanted to try to lead the light to it.

1 Like

I really like this one. Too bad we can’t view an xmp file with history in GIMP. I’ve been meaning to learn how to use it more.