issue with lens?

Is this normal/natural; or dirt/grease on my lens?

So this has been happening at times, and with various lenses. I am refering to the white flare-like effect on the top left (and right actually). This is an old 50mm film lens, but it has also happened with the Nikkor 35mm f.2.8 D.

This is on a Sony A7ii mirrorless.

I think you also have a bit of it going on at the bottom, note the arc started at bottom-left and kinda finished at bottom-right.

I looks to me a bit like some sort of FOD (foreign object debris, aviation acronym) on a lens element, illuminated by light from the scene shining into the lens. It might be interesting to shoot a gray card illuminated where the light can’t shine upon the front of the lens…

is there some official term for the test, or some tutorial i can look up that explains how i can do that?

So basically dust inside the lens?

Are the front and rear elements clean?

here’s two photos I took today of the front and rear. it’s the 75-300 nikkor (old film) manual focus lens. the picture was likely at 300mm

Looks like you need some lens wipes!

It’s more likely to be something on the rear element than the front. Does it always show up in the same place? Does it look different if the lens is wide open vs stopped down?

i’ll look for examples in my previous shots but usually looks the same. I aim to shoot at f8 as much as I can, but will do experiments.