It has become difficult to exclusively activate a point in a drawn mask

Working in DT 4.7.0+433~ga7852b83f6 under Win 11 - I decided to update a complicated mask (path) in an image (DNG) to make the path more precise being common for a number of modules.

With the good experience in mind of how easy it is to draw a mask in DT, add new points, shape the lines, etc. - I am now presented with an almost constantly highlighted path, and this happens: Placing the cursor on a control point will not immediately activate that point, not until I am lucky enough to hit an invisible spot somewhere in the center.

When the control point after a random delay finally activates, and I try to move it, one or both of the intersections to the closest control points tends to light up too - ready to be moved along, which is not what I want (actually I find that feature more annoying than useful).
Tiny movements of the cursor change which intersection will activate, and this flickering practically prevents the control point itself to be activated - i.e. exclusively.

To hit the position inside the control point - which will cause only the control point to light up - is time consuming and makes my attempt to rearrange existing control points - hard work.

At the same time the dominantly activated total path makes it very difficult to insert a new control point.

Is there a maximum for control points allowed in the same path? Is this blocking actually overflow symptoms?

I just tried and no issues at all very fast and responsive and I find the nodes actually activate as I approach so a small buffer before I get to the node… and as for adding points no issue ether and once highlighted in the section ctrl clicking will add the point without actually touching the line…

I did this zoomed out …maybe at 100 percent there are issues?? I have a 12th gen intel on Win11 with a3060Ti gpu… with this no issues on my end at this point…

I had the above experience at 100 percent. It’s a delicate mask.

A few hours later I found out that to activate any node in that specific mask I had to point at a south-east position relative to the node - about 2 mm off center. This suggests a global displacement.

I wonder if my copying of History from a DNG file created in DxO PureRAW 2 with lens correction - to a similar DNG file from DxO PureRAW 3 could have introduced such a displacement (?)

With the (invisible) activating point displaced just a small distance from the visible node the experience would be as described in my introduction, everything will be locked while I point and click at an inactive area.

I am sure this problem is with me. I am happy to have confirmed that everything works as expected with you. This masking system is one of the primary reasons for me to prefere DT.

You should try with the refualr raw file.

I don’t get ‘refualr’, Mica?

If you mean the source file, I have tried with the source DNG => same displacement, so apparently the version of DxO PureRAW is unimportant.

I have also created a similar mask in the native raw file (ARW) of this image, and then tried to update the mask in a later session. It works great as it should - smoothly and elegant with contact directly on the single node.

Also, the mask in the source DNG was created under DT 4.4.x, so maybe the discrepancy is between that older version of DT and the dev version in which the copying of History was made (?)
Or maybe it’s just a DxO DNG speciality?

I’ll be looking out for the phenomenon to reappear. I regularly use PureRaw 3 for denoising and lens sharpening.

Sorry, should be regular. Not converted to dng.

Never the less, DNGs from DxO PureRAW 2/3 have been working fine for a year - up till now.
I guess they still do, if data from different versions of DT aren’t mixed.