It's that time of year again!

To be more precise, time when I’m going out of big dirty city to enjoy mountains and wilderness.
The first picture is long exposure through 10 stop ND filter which I liked very much, didn’t really expected symbolism. Those hundreds of thousands years old rock formations and we pathetic humans crawling around like ants, are existing in practically parallel universes where time is in very different scale.

DSC_4206.NEF.xmp (21.7 KB)

Location is Golden Gate Highlands. Very nice park where even couch potato may enjoy nature - everything is accessible by car.
Not much of processing, but wind was rather strong and there is plenty of dust on lens. Here is NEF

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ty74Nv9YlyzRK4qYFRUXQY2YfOxFZBH0

The second picture is taken from approach to Sentinel Peak in Drakensberg - Dragon’s mountain. Mountain is beautiful and deadly, like woman. Approach is 7000 meters trail with height difference of 600 meters, good part of trail is for goats. Few life threatening obstacles as well.

DSC_4151.NEF.xmp (8.5 KB)

Here is NEF

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1flIxqicbsY1_mqhkD-biveA7-0CaC2-k

Planning to revisit and do mosaic, when I get better backpack.

This file is licensed Creative Commons, By-Attribution, Share-Alike. And another one also :wink:

7 Likes

Very impressive landscape :ok_hand:

DSC_4206.NEF.xmp (16.7 KB, dt3.1)

2 Likes

Thank you. It is actually kind of yellowish “golden”. I just arrived and didn’t made attempt to reduce long exposure shift. Here is different location where exposure is normal, no base curve or anything what could change color.

Guess best bet would be to hit that yellow lane on tar.

DSC_4151.NEF.xmp (6.7 KB) DSC_4151_01.NEF.xmp (8.1 KB)

2 Likes

@FBulovic Thanks for sharing! Lovely landscapes and framing as usual but challenging to process, which I guess is a good thing in the context of the Play Raw.

1 Like

Thanks. For the second one, difficult was general feeling at that moment. Combo backpack and plastic bag with tripod and water in hand was just :crazy_face:

DSC_4151.NEF.xmp (14.1 KB)

4 Likes

DSC_4151.jpg.out.pp3 (12.0 KB)

3 Likes

DSC_4206.NEF.xmp (16.8 KB)

DSC_4151.NEF.xmp (18.2 KB)

5 Likes

DSC_4206.pfi (32.1 KB)

DSC_4151.pfi (35.6 KB)

3 Likes

Darktable 2.6.0

DSC_4151.NEF.xmp (5.4 KB)

4 Likes

dt 2.6.2

DSC_4206.NEF.xmp (6.2 KB)

2 Likes

Found that part near the horizon quite interesting

DSC_4151.NEF.xmp (12.3 KB, dt3.1)
DSC_4151_02.NEF.xmp (12.8 KB, dt3.1)

2 Likes

Using my own G’MIC commands in a minimalist workflow. Contrary to recent comments about them and my person, I am not a fraud. I do my best to help people and hope that it makes their day a little better.

1 PhotoFlow HL (blend), demosaicing (RCD), Rec2020 linear float
2 gmic brighten (gamma, edge), contrast (FFT), sharpen (FFT), resize, crop (focus, edge blur), contrast (FFT)

v2 The result above turned out darker than others’ entries. Here is a brighter version. Additional steps are in bold.

2 gmic brighten (gamma, edge), contrast (FFT), sharpen (FFT), resize, crop (focus, edge blur), brighten (gamma), local contrast (guided), contrast (FFT), sharpen (FFT)

3 Likes

I don’t use dt except when I am curious what the fuss is about. Recently, it has been about filmic rgb, which works fine after getting a handle on how the parameters affect the tone curve and histogram. The only issue I had with dt 3 is the export being very slow. To be expected on an old low spec machine with an integrated GPU. Edit The history is supposed to be embedded but I guess I will include the XMP as well. DSC_4206.NEF.xmp.

BTW, don’t the clouds look like two birds greeting each other: “I’m home!” – “Welcome home!”

2 Likes

First time here with my first try with Darktable 3.

DSC_4151.NEF.xmp (20.5 KB)

1 Like

Welcome in both cases.

darktable 3.0.0

DSC_4206.NEF.xmp (7,4 Ko)

1 Like

RT5.7

DSC_4151.jpg.out.pp3 (11,9 KB)

et à la ‘Kodak 400 TRI-X 4 +’

DSC_4151-1.jpg.out.pp3 (12,0 KB)

lens profile irix 15mm

@FBulovic if of interest