I've finally tried ART and it is amazing!

That’s a nice idea! I’ll see what I can do.

I don’t think that does what @spidermonkey wants…

Thanks both. @carafife I tried your suggestion, but when I pasted the profile, it didn’t change the snapshot.
Have a good weekend… :slightly_smiling_face:

isn’t that what you want to do?

Thanks @carafife. After you have gone through the steps you show in your video, click on Instantane 1, and you will find it reverts back to the colour version, ie it hasn’t been updated…(unless I am missing something?)

indeed you are right… :thinking:

Hello, I don’t see the problem here. If I tweak and update an existing snapshot, I’ll save it (Alt+s) as named_snap_v2. And why delete previous snaps?

If I explain the way that I work, it might make more sense why I would think this feature would be useful. It is mostly a question of speeding up working.

Often there are more than one way of doing things - for example, in a high contrast scene, you could use tone equaliser / dynamic range compression / log tone mapping to try and compress the range of values.
So, I might want to try out a few different ways of doing something and compare them, so I will save a different snapshot let’s say for 3 different ways of doing it. I like to update each version and tweak it until I am happy with it. I will often hop between each version as I am doing this to update them. Then I will compare the final result of each version.

Currently, I have to type in a new name for the snapshot to keep track of what I am doing each time I hop between the version and update it, then either end up with a long list of snapshots, or delete some of the old ones. Although it is all easy to do, it does become time consuming after a while. So a quick button to update the version would speed things up. It is a bit like being to just save over a file with your latest version - it would be cumbersome if you always had to create a new file each time.

Maybe I am the only person that works like this, but let’s see what people think…

2 Likes

I think it’s a valid use case. In fact, I have already started working on this – I just need to decide what is the best UI and then it will be available

1 Like

That’s great, thanks. I was wondering how the UI would work to avoid overwriting snapshots by mistake. Perhaps a less obvious key combination such as ctrl click or shift click to overwrite so you don’t do it inadvertently, and a tooltip to explain?

I was thinking right click + a confirmation dialog

Sounds good

done. Feedback appreciated!
Screenshot from 2020-10-11 10.33.23

Hello Alberto, that works but it seems that I can’t rename the snapshots anymore. That used to be the case, non?

Great look forward to trying it, and will feed back over the next few days when it becomes available. Thanks for the speedy implementation!

Hmmm I might have broken that – I have to check

Hi @agriggio,
It works perfectly well. Renaming files works with the Enter key.
Nice improvement indeed. Thank you @spidermonkey for giving the idea! :+1:

renaming with the mouse should work again now

1 Like

Works again indeed, as does the Enter key (never noticed that last one).

All works really well, great job!
Like the change to the vignetting tool too…

Right click on canvas. Problem solved. ^^