JPEGs in AdobeRGB too little saturated

As far as I know Firefox understands color management. Here you can check how to activate it.

Color management is active in FF. FF displays the colors like other color managed apps, e.g. RT. Only dt behaves differently here with JPEGs in AdobeRGB. The raws look normal.
The odd thing is that apparently dt thinks the JPEGs are in an even much larger color space than AdobeRGB. If it assumed they are sRGB, the colors would be more saturated.

you must click on my screenshots. In the preview it is barely visible. The difference should also be visible on an sRGB screen I think.

Is this DT screenshot of the lightroom or darkroom view? What’s your working color space in DT?

darkroom mode; ok, I have just seen that output color profile was set to sRGB in darkroom, however I am not sure if this should matter. Anyway I set the output color profile in export settings in lighttable, usually I just leave the output profile setting in darkroom alone. I will test if the output color profile setting in darktable matters
Edit: checked, no difference.

No, it would be more saturated if it would assume that display is in srgb and it would be wider gamut display (without profile).
If it assumes srgb source, while it’s adobergb, it would desaturate the output.

I did (and the pictures are still open). But I still think the perceived difference is due to the background color, at least on my screen (NEC PA241W calibrated with SpectraView).

By the way DT uses the screen profile to display images. The setting in the output color profile or the Export module is only used during export. So maybe something is wrong with the dev version of DT you are using (3.1)?

1 Like

:+1:

I will upload the full res jpeg later

Can you paste a link to download this JPEG. I can try on my system with DT 3.0 (W10)

On windows cms in darktable 3.0 works fine for me on primary monitor, is broken on secondary monitor.
The same file displayed in linux version dt3.1, show (wrong) different colors, with cms correctly configured with same display profile (confirmed with darktable-cms and krita).

1 Like

So one should check whether the issue has been reported on Github (I couldn’t find it).

I checked a few hours ago, before starting this thread, did not find anything either

I opened one for the windows issue before 3.0 was released:

But wasn’t touched, i won’t open another…

https://drive.google.com/open?id=17mF8nalTnzf-MX_8MCcWvMRHsRhlAqkK

I can do it though probably to today, but if there is no reaction to a bug report this does not mean much, it certainly does not mean that you should not report bugs any more. Besides, that was right before 3.0 was released and the devs had probably more important bugs to fix. Its clear that they cannot do everything at once.

1 Like

It may be issue not directly in dt, but in cms library too.

See

3 Likes

I opened the issue on github.
It seems that the input color profile module doesn’t apply the embedded profile by default.
https://github.com/darktable-org/darktable/issues/4651

I thought this was fixed weeks or even months ago.