Just a heads up --- Discourse 2.8.0

Would you mind sharing the dimension and size limits before they trigger a, b and c…? That would help those of us who would like to show technical images or have our Play Raw entries undisturbed.

@darix

Are you talking about this?:

Because if it is, according to the discourse developers you should be able to tweak the quality of the reencoding, and disable the rescaling of bigger images, if needed.

I would test a default quality parameter around 90-95. At least that would preserve enough quality to make the detail loss almost imperceptible.

This doesn’t look great…

Just dismiss it and move on?

That could be the answer to everything besides 47. My feedback is I like the pinned format more than this. Food for thought.

That is a globally pinned post.

:thinking: I haven’t seen it like that before. I think the pinned message, e.g., for Welcome to PIXLS.US Discussion is much nicer. I.e., it has the author’s profile picture and tapers the message at the bottom with an ellipsis rather than what we see in the screen clip seen above.

yeah the size of that pinned post is a bit excessive

a simple “natron 2.4.3 is out, important details in this post” would be much more useful.

edit: it isnt even a pinned post. it is a banner.

For the natron team could we convert that at least into a pinned post?

1 Like

Banner. That is what I thought. Thanks for clarifying.

I concur: please don’t use this method to force ‘news’ on everyone. I would be sort of okay if it only appeared on the main page, but it is present as a banner/header for every thread. Also, it’s not immediately apparent as something dismissable; there is no hint to indicate why this message appears and what importance it holds.

There was a large X in the upper right corner for me.

Yes, the X is there. My point is that the whole box didn’t immediately trigger me to understand what it was and that it was something I could / needed to dismiss. To be honest, I first thought it was a bug in the forum that something like this popped up, because it looked like a post gone rogue.
Maybe if it had a title, or a border, or something else to set it apart from the rest of the flow it would be more obvious.

This “informational” is about Natron. Natron is and has been on my muted list and I still get to see this ugly big thing.

Might also hook into my previous reply about the notification system (still) not working correctly since the update…

As far as I know we didn’t do anything, feel free to remove the global pinned status.

As far as I can tell, currently, it is pinned and has a banner. As a newbie, I do not know how to deactivate the banner.

Ah you are right. The banner settings, however confusing it is, are located in the pin menu. I’ve removed the post as a global banner, however it is still pinned in the Natron category, which should be fine, I think.

1 Like

I did not see an option for the banner, only for the pin. A collective thanks for removing the banner. :smile:

1 Like

Obnoxious banner is back or never left. Maybe it is just a matter of letting the change propagate…