keep get error when I try to render

Hi, I new in natron, just use this program for 2days but I test to render the video it keep give me error, I have try search in google and forum but no clue… can someone guide me? thanks

Natron Version 2.3.14
Copyright (C) 2013-2018 INRIA and Alexandre Gauthier-Foichat

Use the --help or -h option to print usage.<<<
Info: init.py script not loaded (this is not an error)
Info: initGui.py script not loaded (this is not an error)
Loading project: C:/Users/ObengWeb/AppData/Local/INRIA/Natron/Autosaves/Untitled.ntp.autosave.8783325200026314679
[h264 @ 000000000bb76740] illegal short term buffer state detected
[h264 @ 000000000bb74740] illegal short term buffer state detected
[h264 @ 000000000bb75980] illegal short term buffer state detected
[h264 @ 000000000bb75e00] illegal short term buffer state detected
[h264 @ 000000000bb75500] illegal short term buffer state detected
[h264 @ 000000000bb75080] illegal short term buffer state detected
[h264 @ 000000000bb74bc0] illegal short term buffer state detected
[h264 @ 000000000bb762c0] mmco: unref short failure
[h264 @ 000000000bb762c0] mmco: unref short failure
[h264 @ 000000000bb762c0] illegal short term buffer state detected
Write1 ==> Rendering finished

This is screenshoot for error and files natron error — Яндекс Диск

Are you rendering to a video file?
Are you source sequences a video file?

• rendering to a video file should be avoided, unless your processing pipeline is straightforward (just filters, no roto…). It is recommended rendering to an intra-only format (Prores, DNxHR).

• reading from a video file should be ok, but the video file reader does not support well highly compressed videos (AVC, HEVC…). Prores and DNxHR should work well.

Hi thanks for reply my tread, Yes I try render the video mp4. and yes I got the render result from DNxHR not really good looking :frowning: I try create video as background with static image over video background… so natron no good for that? thanks

When there’s an error on the Read node, I guess its a pretty clear telltale sign that there’s gonna be an error during rendering:

Looking at the error, I think that Natron is having trouble with the codecs…
Try rendering to an image sequence and then import that image sequence into an NLE and render it as a video.

It works for me. Also, in the future, I would suggest making your footage the background (B) and merging text elements OVER (default) by running the text into (A). Think “A over B”.

your frame rate has long float 29.9…
convert it to 30, check custom FPS.

As Devernay said, it is risky and very much cpu intensive to input sorce file as mp4 and doing complex operations in a compositing environment. Be it Nuke/Fusion/AE or Natron. Create TIFF/TGA/PNG file sequence and input it to start working in compositing.

Here is a copy/paste suggestion from FB group I did earlier for rendering out from Natron:

Suggestions:
Natron/Nuke/Fusion/After Effect : compositing like tools should not be used as a “video” encoder as this tools mix match various kinds of asset formats and color space into one. Also they usually take too much resources to render and not a safe method to render in a video format.
It’s better to export TIFF(best)/TGA(good)/PNG(fair) sequence into a NLE and then render with sound and color correction and/or the rest of the film.

Now if for some reason it’s a need to get video format then:

Best: Container : mov, Codec : RLE, Quicktime Animation
[In your case this is you will need. Because you have glow majority elements. For “mograph” like this, it is also the best format for exporting from After Effects. Then use NLE for broadcast render]

Good: Container: mov, Codec: AppleProres 422HQ or 4444.
Best fit for “FILM VFX” plates. Plates to provide in NLE departments.

Fair: container: mp4 Codec: H264 (libopenh264)
Use in Bitrate field only:
8 if it’s 1080p
16 if it’s 2k
35 if it’s 4k

to show demo or broadcast directly.

For Proxy plate or transcoding: Use container : mov codec: Avdn DnxHD