Lens correction problem

I am on macOS and Darktable v4.7+806 provided by @MStraeten.

I was using a Sony a6300 with sigma 30mm 1.4 but I sold it and now I am using Sony A7Cii with different lenses native and adopted. One of them is a contax N Zeiss 50mm 1.4.

When I use the lens correction module on a picture taken with A7Cii and Zeiss 50mm 1.4 and when I hover over its entry in the history stack I get the following. Please explain what is happening.

Without more information about your system, that might be a bit hard.

But keep in mind that lens recognition works in part using a lens ID. As this is a one-byte code, there are only 256 possible IDs. And the attribution of a code to a given lens is left to the lens manufacturers. So there are several (many) lenses that share a given ID.

Under Linux, there is a way to specify to EXIV2 which lens should be used with a given ID code. Perhaps you did set up something like that for your previous camera and lenses?

What more information you want? Why it is showing my previous camera and lens. What correction is actually used as it shows both my current and previous camera and lens combinations. The picture is taken with Sony A7Cii and Contax N Zeiss 50mm 1.4 lens. My first line says I am on macOS not Linux.

you obviously applied a preset with hardcoded lens assignment
so check your lens correction preset settings…

Yes, Thanks.