lensfun and manual lenses

Hello everyone,

i would like to fix distorsion, ca and vignetting with a manuallens, that doesn’t transmit anything to the camera (an adapted lens).

I can’t find a way to choose focal length (in case of a zoom) and aperture manually. Is there a way to do so? (iirc darktable let’s the user to choose values)

Thank you in advance.

In RT there is no manual adjustment of lensfun parameters. There are other tools for distortion, vignetting, CA, which might be useful.
I believe there is a way to profile the lens to have it included in future lensfun versions. Take a look at Lensfun's coverage

Thank you. But even if the lens is supported within lensfun, this profile can’t be used in RawTherapee.

For example with the MC Helios-44M-4 58mm 1:2, i can’t fix vignetting by choosing aperture even if it is inside lensfun database. The same even for newer manual focus lenses.

Or for example with a Sigma 10-20mm 4-5.6 (included too) that i’m using with an adapter with a Fuji Camera, i can’t even fix distorsion and ca since i can’t choose the focal length (of course not in the exif), and of course neither the vignetting.

Can you add the exif info with exiftool?

2 Likes

Good idea. But i’ve never been able to master exiftool that much…

Found out (here: http://www.photosbytom.com/ftopict-85.html)

exiftool -Lens=“Nikkor 50mm f/1.4 Ais” -ApertureValue=“1.4” -FNumber=“1.4” -FocalLength=“50” *.NEF

I would need to add lens name, focal lenght and aperture. I’ll try. Thank you!