Let's use math my nerds

Yeah, I agree that \LaTeX is not the same as the standard typeset \LaTeX, which you’ve displayed. KaTeX (https://katex.org/) gets it right. Maybe it’s because we’re talking about math typesetting here, but this math plugin is giving us italics (i.e., \textit{\LaTeX}).

Is this conversation off the rails yet?

And I have no comment for or against your phone.

I don’t mind the wait. What bothers me is when the scroll position of the thread shifts between loading and loaded.

Let us test:

success={{perseverance * (luck)^3} \over time}

Cool! :+1:t4:

1 Like

@Isaac luck cubed? :laughing:

1 Like

Quote of the day by @afre:

If luck were a fruit, I would certainly serve it in cubes.

3 Likes

Wombat excrement :poop: is served in cubes; Is that the sort of luck you were referring to? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/animals/2018/11/wombat-poop-cube-why-is-it-square-shaped/

One word: mob.

1 Like

:sweat_smile:

I’ve got some nice formulas (from my HDR), to test : :wink:

\forall X\in\Omega, I^{[t]}_{(X)} = \int_{-\infty}^{+\infty} I^{[t=0]}(C^X_{(p)})\;{G_{\sqrt{2t}}}_{(p)}\;dp
4 Likes

I always thought if maths was being considered as a programming language, you’d get laughed out the room.

“So, the instructions are… individual symbols? And they can have multiple different meanings (which can change over time). And the meaning is altered depending on position on the page and text size, relative to other symbols? I’m not so sure about this…”

1 Like

Trying cut-n-paste with some asciimath favorites from the web:

Ramanujan Identity

\frac{1}{(\sqrt{\phi \sqrt{5}}-\phi) e^{\frac25 \pi}} = 1+\frac{e^{-2\pi}} {1+\frac{e^{-4\pi}} {1+\frac{e^{-6\pi}} {1+\frac{e^{-8\pi}} {1+\ldots} } } }

Maxwell’s Equations

\begin{align} \nabla \times \vec{\mathbf{B}} -\, \frac1c\, \frac{\partial\vec{\mathbf{E}}}{\partial t} & = \frac{4\pi}{c}\vec{\mathbf{j}} \\\\ \nabla \cdot \vec{\mathbf{E}} & = 4 \pi \rho \\\\ \nabla \times \vec{\mathbf{E}}\, +\, \frac1c\, \frac{\partial\vec{\mathbf{B}}}{\partial t} & = \vec{\mathbf{0}} \\\\ \nabla \cdot \vec{\mathbf{B}} & = 0 \end{align}
1 Like

test.

I ^{\small{6 \atop 4 }} V _ I

\cancel{\Large{I}^ {6 \atop 4} \ V _{\_\_}\ I}

\overbrace{\rm \Large{Fr^{{^{+6}}} \ I}^{_6 \atop _4} \ V _{\_\_} I}^{\LARGE{typical}}

————
That’s more like it. 3 cheers if you know what that even is.

1 Like

The simple secret to true happiness, the French way.

/Claes

1 Like

Test

I_M(\tau) = \int_{-\infty}^{+\infty}|E(t)E(t-\tau)|^2dt = \int_{-\infty}^{+\infty}I(t)I(t-\tau)dt

Quiz:

\LARGE F(j\omega)=\int_{-\infty}^\infty f(t)e^{-j\omega t}dt
\LARGE F(j\omega)=\sum_{k=0}^{N-1}f[k]e^{-j\omega kT}

@HIRAM Those last two look like Fourier transforms to me. Your first one is more obscure (from a science point of view), but I believe after some searching the solution sounds pretty nice :wink:

Yes it’s from the discrete fourier transform, used for sample-based inputs.

\LARGE \rm WELL\ 🏆\ DONE

Here’s a DFT example.

I love this explanation

1 Like

Roel, can you post a link for the ignorant like me who haven’t been able to fathom the more obscure formula (whose solution you say sounds pretty nice)?

I found this: musictheoryteacher.com - augmented sixth chords and Augmented sixth chord - Wikipedia pretty useful.

1 Like