Lightroom photo organization/ choosing

Hey guys!

I’ve just decided to give the free trial of Lightroom a try instead of darktable and I already have 2 questions:

1.) Is it possible to go through all the RAWs, choose the ones I like and then at the end match all the corresponding JPEGs to it. I like to have them side by side for the pictures I’m editing.

2.) When I’ve imported a folder with videos in it, it also imported the videos. Is there a way to turn that off without putting the videos into another folder?

Bonus: Is it normal that it takes almost 100% CPU for like 30mins to import a big folder (I estimate about 200GB). Could question 2.) (the videos) be the answer to that haha?

Happy about any help :slight_smile:
Leon

Wrong forum…no Lightroom here…

1 Like

Hi Leon.

If I understand correctly, your questions are about how to perform certain operations in Adobe Lightroom?

This forum is (strictly speaking) only for open source software, which Lr isn’t, so I don’t know how many of us can help.

Having said that, I think @bastibe and @Terry have Lr experience.

But it would be up to the admins whether this is a suitable spot for the discussion. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Probably literally any other forum on the internet except here you’ll be able to get Lightroom help. It’s a paid product, why not use their paid support?

2 Likes