Linking Instagram account fails

(Matthew Fells) #1

When I try to link my Instagram account to my pixls.us account, I’m sent to a pixls.us page that says:

Oops! That page doesn’t exist or is private.

Any idea why that might be?

(Mica) #2

What do you mean by “linking” the two together?

(Matthew Fells) #3

I should have said connect. From my profile page, there’s an option to connect various social media accounts. When I try to connect Instagram, it fails.

(Mica) #4

Ah, I see. is there any kind of failure message? Do you have all javascript blockers turned off? Which browser are you using?

(Matthew Fells) #5

I use Firefox on Linux. I don’t have any JavaScript blockers installed, but I do have ublock origin and some anti tracking add-ons installed. Might they be the problem? I’ll try disabling them when I get back to my PC.

(Mica) #6

Indeed they may be the problem. Try disabling them!

Nothing scary here.

discuss

(Mica) #8

yes but it may be blocking something on the instagram side of things.

Yes, that’s what I meant. Whitelisting ublock is necessary for all the features to work, and doesn’t introduce any issues, even less commercials.

(Matthew Fells) #10

It still doesn’t work when I disable all my add-ons. But it seems that connecting the account merely allows me to use Instagram to log in to pixls.us. I thought it was more of a social connection, perhaps with a widget or something. At any rate, it doesn’t matter much, if that’s all it does.

Thanks for your time!