Local copies have been synchronized

Every time I open darktable, I get a message that 16 local copies have been synchronized. The thing is, when I filter by darktable|local-copy, there are no images. When I first had this problem, I filtered by that tag and went ahead and used resync local copy, thinking that would solve the problem. Further, if I reset all of darktable’s preferences (just move the ~/.config/darktable folder), I don’t have this problem anymore. So it might have something to do with either data.db or library.db. I’m just not sure where to begin to fix this issue, and any help would be appreciated!

[Edit] I am using darktable 2.4.0 on Debian sid/experimental if that helps, but I think I’ve had this issue for a while.

for some reasons the database has internal flagged local copies but the keyword is not there anymore.

do you have any img-. file pattern in ~/.cache/darktable/ ?

if you have (16 files) then it means than indeed you have local copies, maybe you have removed the keyword my mistake.

One solution if you know which files should have local copies is to look for them as they have a white dot on the lightable thumb. And then resync them.

Huh, weird. I started looking through my photos and found some local copies (I think I might have purged the darktable|local-copy tag by accident). If I just hit “resync local copy”, it refused to actually remove the “local copy”. However, if I hit “copy locally” and then “resync local copy”, it properly removed the “local copy”. What’s weirder, there are no img-. files in ~/.cache/darktable, so there aren’t actually any local copies as far as I can tell.

Cool, that fixed the issue. Thanks for the pointers @Pascal_Obry! :slight_smile:

People happy working on the database directly can find the locally copied images like this:

sqlite3 ~/.config/darktable/library.db "select * from images where flags & 2048;"
2 Likes

good to see this fixed, we will add a filter on local copy flags to workaround a tag being accidentally removed.

1 Like

Thanks for this houz … I had no img- in ~/.cache/darktable/ , nor anything tagged as darkatble|local_copy, but some 26 out of 15,000 that darktable wanted to synch every startup.

Using the sql on the database made finding those few needles so much easier. Solution - copy locally, the resync, and issue has cleared.

Note that we’ve just added a filer based on the local-copy flags to make this easier and avoid resorting on an SQL statement.

1 Like

house advertising: App::DBBrowser - Browse SQLite/MySQL/PostgreSQL databases and their tables interactively. - metacpan.org to browse the darktable databases.

2 Likes

houz advertising? :rofl:

+1 Like for using Perl!

1 Like

:camel: :grinning: