Local Lab build

I added a curve (arbitrarily) L = f (H) to test the possibility of curve where the abscissa is hue. You can, if you tell me which, add any curve to the module “color and light”

For expanders, the principle is identical to those used in Wavelet

1. the enabled / disabled selection is stored
  2. do not keep in memory open / closed
    To change this (at least I believe it) it is necessary to make a change in the GUI of RT. It’s not in my skills!

jacques

You can also try to put your photos in a subdir with path containing only unaccented ASCII characters.

If it doesn’t work then the best is to use a debug build and generate a back trace and file a bug report.

@gaaned92

You can also try to put your photos in a subdir with path containing only unaccented ASCII characters.

This is the right solution.

@dngimage and @ gaaned92
Thanks

Hi @jdc Desmis,
Where can I get this update?
Merci!

To avoid crashing when the file path contains non-ASCII characters, I changed the location of the * .mip files.
Now by default, they are in “profiles” next to the “cache” folder.
You can choose the location, either “profiles” or as before next to the input file to be processed in:
Preferences / Image processing / Mip profiles
If you choose “profiles”, no crash problems due to NON ASCII characters, but if you have the same image file in different folders, there will be only one file “mip”
If you choose “Next input files”, the system crash with path with NON ASCII, but you can have one mip file, for each same file in different folders.

Normally at start-up, the system should not crash, but it will ignore the previous settings.

@dngimage.
I do not provide build, wait for someone to do it. :slight_smile:

@dngimage You can check here for new nightly W32 and W64 builds (release and debug) or go directly to https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2q9OrgyDEfPS2FpdDAtMVI1RG8 for W64 builds.
As the dev are now very active, I frequently make new builds.

@jdc,
Thanks for the new improvements. Local Lab is looking good.

@gaaned92,
Thanks for the new builds. RawTherapee_WinVista_64_release_locallab_4.2.1340.zip is running fine here.

Is there a way that the Control Points can be noted better with a temporary ellipse or something similar, so the user can note or see the affected area(s) better? One work around I use is setting Lightness temporarily all the way down to -100 so I can visualize the affected area. Just a suggestion…

I push a new branch - “locallabgtk3”. This branch use GTK3 gui interface.
I make a change on this branch : now to enabled / disabled “curves” you must used a check button “Enable curves” instead of “lightness different of 0”
This function is for each control point.

@dngimage
What you are requesting, should probably be achievable, but requires GUI skills, which I do not have :slight_smile:

I update the “old” branch “locallab” (a priori, I hope with the same behaviour as “locallabgtk3”…that i’ll not update in the futur !!)

Now you have a curve C=f(C)…(rq : it is the more complex algorithm for “shape detection”).

I have also made a change to best localize “mip files”.

I recommand to delete “mip files” in : "Profiles " (near cache) and also if there are “mip files” Next input files.

jacques :slight_smile:

@jdc,
Is it time to do a build after this update?

Locallab 4.2.1242 uploaded here (same place).

1 Like

When it will be possible again to “commit” a change, I would post something, whose performance surprised myself :):wink:
For several months, I have been trying to perfect the shape detection algorithm. I think I have arrived at a very good result now, using the curves L = f (L) and C = f (C) - which are bugged in the previous version. While it is complex (at the code level), there are a few possible artifacts, but it works and there are two paliative artefacts that work well.
See these improvements soon

2 Likes

Thanks @gaaned92! :slight_smile:

@jdc,

When it will be possible again to “commit” a change,
I would post something, whose performance surprised myself :slight_smile:

I can’t wait :slight_smile:

See these improvements soon

Cool!

Here is one possible bug:
If you activate Local Lab, activate Contrast by detail levels, and then click on [Contrast - ] several times, RT will crash.

@dngimage
Thank you for testing :slight_smile:
I think (I hope) I solved the bug for CBDL.

I just push a change to “locallabgtk3” with the new algorithm “shape detection”.
I call this algorithm “super” (instead of normal).

You must select for curves L=f(L) and C=f(C) ==> “Super”
and for slider “lightness” and “contrast” checkbutton “super”
In some cases (grey tones, flat areas…often with noise) these new algo can leads to artifacts:

• use “global quality = enhanced + chroma denoise”
  • use the 2 new sliders “Threshold chroma” and “iterations”
    :slight_smile:

I update the doc in Rawpedia:
http://rawpedia.rawtherapee.com/Local_Lab_controls/fr
Jacques

I found a bug : slider contrast “Super”…I just fixed it :slight_smile:

@jdc So from now on, I will build only locallabgtk3 branch?
I will do that after you merge again gtk3.

Good to know @jdc!

gtk3 is slow, I don’t like it, but if there isn’t a choice I will try it.

I just merge gtk3 in locallabgtk3.

@dngimage
Gtk3 is slow only at startup, then I think there are no differences !

@gaaned92
Since last week it has been made the decision to “renew” the branches, and to make GTK3 the main one. Then yes now build only “locallabgtk3”

It is slow on startup because it is slow on creating editors. That means when you are working in SETM (Single Editor Tab Mode) it’s slow only on startup but when you are working in METM (Mutliple Editor Tabs Mode) it is slower than gtk2 build each time you open an image (because that creates a new Editor Tab)