Local Lab build

@HIRAM

I push a change

1. I hope it fixed the crash in all cases (I limit the value of “lumaref”)
  2. I improved “local denoise” with
    a) add DCT (Discrete Cosinus Transform = Fast Fourier Transform) to improve Luma denoise
    b) improve slightly algo, more progressive

Jacques

RawTherapee_newlocallab_5.3-481-gce5f9f17_WinVista_64.zip

uploaded at

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2q9OrgyDEfPS2FpdDAtMVI1RG8

1 Like

@jdc Running fine now without crashes!

@gaaned92 @Morgan_Hardwood My clone seems even with the remote repository now.

Version: 5.3-481-gce5f9f17
Branch: newlocallab
Commit: ce5f9f17
Commit date: 2017-12-14
Compiler: clang-mp-3 3.9.1
Processor: generic x86
System: Apple
Bit depth: 64 bits
Gtkmm: V3.22.2
Lensfun: V0.3.2.0
Build type: release
Build flags: -arch x86_64 -O3 -mmacosx-version-min=10.9 -march=x86-64 -std=c++11 -std=c++11 -mtune=generic -Werror=unused-label -mmacosx-version-min=10.9 -flto -fopenmp=libomp -Werror=unknown-pragmas -Wall -Wno-unused-result -Wno-deprecated-declarations -O3 -DNDEBUG -ftree-vectorize
Link flags: -arch x86_64 -mmacosx-version-min=10.9 -march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -headerpad_max_install_names -flto
OpenMP support: ON
MMAP support: ON
1 Like

@HIRAM

Thank you, for testing :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just push a change “db03c16”
I deeply retouched the local module denoise

Discrete Cosinus Transformed, added to Luminance and Chrominance : 2 sliders “details”
Of course in addition to wavelets, which work for both Luma and Chroma with 4 sliders (fine and coarse for luma and fine and coarse for chroma).

In addition I reviewed the progressivity and the nature of “denoise wavelet”

One remark, the shape detection is rough, I have not implanted the adhoc module with the color detection, because the noise will penalize the algorithm, but it is possible to do (??)

I recommand to clean “pp3” an “mip” :slight_smile:

jacques

1 Like

I push a change “9b87760”

Contrary to what I said so far, I added a simplified “scope” function for “local denoise”.

This function will make it possible to increase the differentiation within the selected zone, for example by treating only the skin.
By default I set “scope” to 30. If you select scope> 90, all colors are treated identically.

I recommand to clean “pp3” an “mip"

Jacques

I have clean and optimize “fftw” code.

I have updated Rawpedia for :

• warm -cool (Color and Light)
  • denoise (DCT and Scope)

:slight_smile:
Jacques

RawTherapee_newlocallab_5.3-501-g17239849_WinVista_64.zip
Uploaded at
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2q9OrgyDEfPS2FpdDAtMVI1RG8

Thx Jacques!
Mac build:
https://filebin.net/4d6enqscfsmuxy1f/RawTherapee_OSX_10.9_64_5.3-501-g17239849.zip

@HIRAM @gaaned92

Thank you :slight_smile:

But, sorry, in my “optimization”, I have forgoten to take into account the slider “Chroma detail (DCT)” (it was good in previous version not optimized)

I just push a new build “2c5e992”

Thank you

Jacques

@jdc Jacques, there’s a possible bug in the latest build (just compiled from commit 2c5e992…). When I set several RTspots, the on/off state of the modules is not reset when switching between spots.
For example, if I turn “Color and light” on for RTspot #1, when I create a new RTspot #2 it shows “Color and light” already “on”. Of course the sliders are at their default values, but it’s confusing when you have several spots with different modules activated.

@sguyader

Sébastien

Cela a toujours été comme cela (du moins depuis que j’ai installé cette option) : l’activation “on / off” de chaque module “color and light”, “retinex”, “denoise”, etc. est globale pour tous les RT-spots…et j’ai du l’écrire quelque part :slight_smile:

Bien sûr il est possible de changer cela, mais cela va complexifier le système

Jacques

Je viens de trouver où c’est écrit ==> dans Rawpedia

"J’ai ajouté, pour faciliter l’utilisation et éviter les menus trop longs en mode écran, une interface GUI similaire à celle de Wavelet, avec des “expanders”. Vous avez ainsi la possibilité pour chaque famille d’action (color and light, Blur, Retinex, etc.):

_faire apparaître ou non le détail des commandes : curseurs, méthodes, courbes,.._

_ activer ou non l’ensemble des fonctions de la famille d’action._

Attention, le choix - 2 - active ou annule l’ensemble des RT-spot ( spot de contrôle); il est théoriquement possible d’associer cette possibilité à chaque RT-spot, mais quel intérêt ? "

I didn’t realize that.
Anyways, I was using the Local Lab on very big files (stitched panorama in 16-bit TIFF, 22131x3611 pixels!) and I had to use RTspots one by one, saving the result at each step, because it needed too much memory and crashed too often (particularly in “Denoise”). So I did get confused as I never had too many RTspots at the same time.

I will look but it will be probably difficult with some incompatibilities
due to management of expanders.
Jacques

Don’t worry Jacques. Leave it as it is.

Sebastien

I will look tomorrow, I think it will be possible to enabled/disabled each “part” for each Rt-spot, but I think we will loose the posoobilities of expanders “memory open or close - expand or not, etc” that are stored in “option” and then not updatable in real time.

Rq : now the system works very bad (expanders) and I don’t know why (this as not due to locallab, it is a general problem with expanders).

Jacques

@sguyader

Now it works "enabled / disabled " for each section and each RT-spot :slight_smile:
Jacques

Thanks Jacques! I will try later!

RawTherapee_newlocallab_5.3-541-g46181f10_WinVista_64.zip

uploaded at
https://keybase.pub/gaaned92/RTW64NightlyBuilds/

I just push a new update for newlocallab 42d0f55

It will probably be the last of 2017 …
I will be away from my home from Saturday 23 December until 3 January 2018. Meanwhile Internet connections will be problematic

This update is important because it significantly improves the shape detection algorithm by reducing artifacts - often due to the presence of a little chrominance noise that is often almost invisible

By default, “quality method” is set to “enhanced” instead of “enhanced + chroma denoise”. This without quality reduction will reduce processing times (except for Denoise).
In difficult cases you can choose “enhance + chroma denoise”, or activate the noise reduction in “denoise” (chroma)

I recommend cleaning the cache (pp3 and mip), to have an update of the default settings.
:slight_smile:

I update Rawpedia (in french)
Jacques

1 Like