Looking for the Beautify plug in

I am looking for the Beautify plug in for GIMP. It has some cool frames. One in particular is a frame with a paperclip on the top. It’s one of my favorites. I lost everything when my hard drive died.

Many thanks!

Melissa

This one? GitHub - hejiann/beautify: GIMP Beautify is a set of GIMP plug-ins for quickly and easily beautify photo

Hi Mica,

Thank you that is the one. Can you please tell me how to install Beautify? I have a Windows 10 64 bit. I can’t remember how I did it the first time and can’t find the installation instructions.

Many thanks,

Melissa

Looks like its a C program. I am not sure how to do that on Windows. Perhaps @patdavid or @afre can advise?

Bonjour,

Here is a link (it’s in French)

:o)

1 Like

^ Rely on the kindness of @samj of course! :slight_smile:

I downloaded it but I don’t know how to install it. Can you help? I tried to follow a tutorial but it didn’t work.

This from another forum:

1. Unzip and put the 4 ‘filename’.exe files in
    C:\Users\yourname.gimp-2.8\plug-ins

2.The 2 folders in the zip go in
C:\Users\yourname.gimp-2.8

1. The plugin shows in the filters menu

Thank you. Rich emailed me and showed me how to install it.

Installation:

Depending on your version of Gimp (32-bit or 64-bit), use one of the 
"\Beautify-0.5.3_32bits-64bits-Win\32bits" or "\Beautify-0.5.3_32bits-64bits-Win\64bits" directories 
and place the 4 .exe files
in a directory of plugins recognized by a Windows version of Gimp : C:\Users\[user]\.gimp-2.8\plug-ins\

For textures, copy the complete directories 
"\Beautify-0.5.3_32bits-64bits-Win\texture-border"
and 
"\Beautify-0.5.3_32bits-64bits-Win\rip-border"
into the Gimp preferences directory : C:\Users\[user]\.gimp-2.8\

samj https://discuss.pixls.us/u/samj
April 23

Thank you for the help.

Melissa

Installation:

Hi Rich,

I need your help please. I downloaded the new Gimp 2 and I installed the Beautify plugins and I’m getting about 10 or more errors everytime GIMP loads and I don’t know how to fix it. On top of that problem, I can’t find the Beautify plugins under filters in Gimp. I had no problem with the prior version. Please help me once again. I am so grateful. I’m enclosing two of the many errors.

Melissa

Same as before but a recent compile for Windows and Gimp 2.10 here:

The 7zip archive contains both 32 and 64 bit versions of beautify.

Four files + two folders go in the Gimp 2.10 profile plugins folder: as shown here: https://i.imgur.com/UiYUaz8.jpg

But your post indicates that when you updated from Gimp 2.8 to Gimp 2.10, there were old files left over. One of the consequences of installing those plugins that end up in the main …\GIMP 2… hierarchy.

You could try a clean install as:

Use Windows uninstaller to uninstall Gimp 2.10
If the folder C:\Program Files\GIMP 2 remains delete it
Delete the Gimp 2.10 profile C:\Users\your-name\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10
Rename your left over Gimp 2.8 profile to something like C:\Users"yourname".ex-gimp-2.8

Install Gimp 2.10.2
Run it to create a new empty profile.
Add the beautify plugin files and folders to the Gimp 2.10 profile
Move any resources from ex-gimp-2.8 to the new Gimp 2.10 profile, one-at-a-time checking that they work as you go.

1 Like