Looking for ways to speed up my editing workflow

In Lighttable view, in addition to what I use for darkroom view

• I use the layer B functionality - 1 wheel scrolls through images (whether in culling or lighttable mode), the second alters the star rating I assign to a given image, the third changes the filter settings, so that it limits me to 2-star or greater images, for example.
  • I also use the layer B buttons:
    • 4 for different export presets,
    • 5 for selecting images (geotagged ones, non-geotagged ones, all, none, invert selection),
    • 2 for copy/paste respectively, when I want to apply an entire history stack from one image onto a group of others in lightroom, before then rating and culling all the images in the group.

Edit: In darkroom in addition to the wheels for exposure/sigmoid/local contrast sliders I use:

• 4 for different sharpness presets (I tries using a wheel but it would only go through my presets in one direction - most frustrating).
  • 4 to mimic 4 of the bottom-right corner darkroom toggles: focus peek, ISO12646, raw overexpose, Clipping
  • 2 for prev/next image
  • 1 for the ā€œused modulesā€ toggle
  • 1 to toggle denoise - I usually have denoise non-local auto applied as an auto preset

In both layer A and layer B two buttons are used to switch between lighttable and darkroom views.

5 Likes

These are great suggestions. Iā€™ll have a rejig of mineā€¦ though Iā€™m still on 4.4 so maybe I should wait for the update at Christmas. Thanks

One small thing I like todo is to make my own preset for the exposure module such that the initial exposure matches that of the camera generated jpeg. This stays constant for a camera so it increases the likelihood of you NOT having to do anything if you are going through pictures from an event or similar were there will be a lot of quantitative work.

2 Likes