Lost RAWs of Cathedral Park

I like what it does to the sun beams. Not too crazy about the haloing around the bridge and the trees in the background, but an interesting take, nonetheless. Great crop, also.

Nice B&W take. The sky looks awesome.

Reminds me of video games of a certain vintage, like Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess.

2 Likes

Glad you found these images. Here’s some grayscale treatment:

6 Likes

I agree. It is to conserve resources in limited hardware but stylistic nevertheless. @paulmiller Good job in changing things up.

Nice shot, here’s my take:

Used darktable + GIMP.

3 Likes

Thanks for these shots. A black and white version. Successive black and white layouts give relief to the imageDSC_9982-art.jpg.out.arp (10.9 KB)

6 Likes

Here is my attempt to emphasize on the light/shadow threshold using artificial colors … nice words for the messy result ! Maybe using split toning and color correction is not the way to go on this.

DSC_9991.NEF.xmp (23.2 KB)

1 Like

Very nice image as a play raw @MLC. So many variations can be made out of this image! Here is one attempt to get the full DR of the picture. DSC_9991.jpg.out.pp3 (12.4 KB)

1 Like

dartable 3.0.2

DSC_9982.NEF.xmp (13,2 Ko)

4 Likes

Another one. There are lots of cloud structure to recover!
As I don’t know the colour of the bridge, WB was done on the concrete pillars. Great RAW to play with :smiley:

DSC_9981_RT.jpg.out.pp3 (25.3 KB)

3 Likes

I decided to poke around the web to see other photos of this bridge, and none of the others I found were as interesting as these.

2 Likes

Well, thank you kindly. Although, I feel you exaggerate a bit. :blush:
It’s actually kinda challenging to shoot and make interesting on a normal day. I also have my fair share of boring shots of the place. I think I just got extremely lucky with the light that time.

I plan on going back quite soon with my Mamiya C220 and getting some proper 6x6 exposures. I’ll be sure to toss up a few negatives for those interested in playing around with film in FOSS software.

2 Likes

As @Sunhillow I also tried to get some of the clouds back. But I only could do it in b/w.

DSC_9981.NEF.xmp (25.5 KB)

5 Likes

DSC_9981.NEF.arp (11.9 KB)

DSC_9982.NEF.arp (12.0 KB)

DSC_9991.NEF.arp (11.9 KB)

4 Likes

I like the atmosphere in the image (that slight halo between bridge and sky and the sensor dust lower-right don’t bother me), somehow I must think about a ‘Batman’ movie :+1:

1 Like

…and just a second later I’m back in ‘Sin City’ :sunglasses:

1 Like

And the last one in color and not from “Sin City”.

DSC_9982.NEF.xmp (9.5 KB)

4 Likes

Yes, the halo is not really pleasing to the eyes. But I was not able to get rid of it.

:slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes