Lost RAWs of Cathedral Park

Nice shot, here’s my take:

Used darktable + GIMP.

3 Likes

Thanks for these shots. A black and white version. Successive black and white layouts give relief to the imageDSC_9982-art.jpg.out.arp (10.9 KB)

6 Likes

Here is my attempt to emphasize on the light/shadow threshold using artificial colors … nice words for the messy result ! Maybe using split toning and color correction is not the way to go on this.

DSC_9991.NEF.xmp (23.2 KB)

1 Like

Very nice image as a play raw @MLC. So many variations can be made out of this image! Here is one attempt to get the full DR of the picture. DSC_9991.jpg.out.pp3 (12.4 KB)

1 Like

dartable 3.0.2

DSC_9982.NEF.xmp (13,2 Ko)

4 Likes

Another one. There are lots of cloud structure to recover!
As I don’t know the colour of the bridge, WB was done on the concrete pillars. Great RAW to play with :smiley:

DSC_9981_RT.jpg.out.pp3 (25.3 KB)

3 Likes

I decided to poke around the web to see other photos of this bridge, and none of the others I found were as interesting as these.

2 Likes

Well, thank you kindly. Although, I feel you exaggerate a bit. :blush:
It’s actually kinda challenging to shoot and make interesting on a normal day. I also have my fair share of boring shots of the place. I think I just got extremely lucky with the light that time.

I plan on going back quite soon with my Mamiya C220 and getting some proper 6x6 exposures. I’ll be sure to toss up a few negatives for those interested in playing around with film in FOSS software.

2 Likes

As @Sunhillow I also tried to get some of the clouds back. But I only could do it in b/w.

DSC_9981.NEF.xmp (25.5 KB)

5 Likes

DSC_9981.NEF.arp (11.9 KB)

DSC_9982.NEF.arp (12.0 KB)

DSC_9991.NEF.arp (11.9 KB)

4 Likes

I like the atmosphere in the image (that slight halo between bridge and sky and the sensor dust lower-right don’t bother me), somehow I must think about a ‘Batman’ movie :+1:

1 Like

…and just a second later I’m back in ‘Sin City’ :sunglasses:

1 Like

And the last one in color and not from “Sin City”.

DSC_9982.NEF.xmp (9.5 KB)

4 Likes

Yes, the halo is not really pleasing to the eyes. But I was not able to get rid of it.

:slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Welcome! That’s a great B&W take.

1 Like

Welcome, also from my side. A new member from my old home town!

2 Likes

My take. This was really fun! I added a tiny bit of yellow to the highlights, and upped the saturation of the greens, and added a LUT emulating Fuji Superia 400. I also increased the haziness with negative dehaze. I also used Filmic RGB.

3 Likes

small world it is 8)
thanks for warm welcomes

1 Like

Wonderful images.

Here’s a colorful take on the middle one, also slightly cropped:
DSC_9982_R1.jpg.out.pp3 (12.8 KB)

4 Likes