Mac MoJave Pictures Not Showing in File Menu

What is the problem, I have not seen any erroneous program behavior reported here yet! You went to a folder with no images and complained no images showed up… No problems on macOS 10.14.3β.18d32a.

Here is an example of viewing a folder of images within a Photos library:

Testing latest RT development:
https://kd6kxr.keybase.pub/RawTherapee_OSX_10.9_64_5.5-15-g3461328a8.zip

Merry Christmas Everyone!!! :grinning:

Not sure why no one has complained… I have a new Macbook pro new install not sure. The problem is not just this software it’s all of the 3rd party photo editing softwares I’ve tried. All I can say the Final cut pro works like a charm go figure. I also notice in Security / Privacy section access to photos folder nothing is there except for Final cut and there is no way to add a program to it. I would think if you had access prior to updated version you would not be affected maybe just new pc / installs. I don’t know I’m thinking out loud. Thanks

1 Like

You need to run RT and try to access the photos library, it will request access, and once you allow it, the icon will show up in the security>privacy settings.05%20AM

I thought I’d install the version before but no surprise it didn’t work. I did check privacy area and it is listed there. I also made a new photo library and added a few pictures but that didn’t work neither. I swear I wish I had another Mac to try it on. I’ve went through everything and it’s all good. I’ll keep searching online. But for now don’t know… LOL

FYI, I would like to add adobe rush doesn’t work neither. It doesn’t have access to photos.

Hello Everyone, Good news!! I didn’t give up… I waisted hours trying to figure this sh!! out. Even Apple couldn’t help. I found an article about photo library on how to do a repair. So I did and bam it worked. I have no idea what happened so don’t even ask I’m not new to Macs so basically if anyone has this problem keep this in mind. Know the only thing I have to do is learn this program.

A big thanks to Hiram for trying to help… Kudos! But thanks to everyone that has posted.

I’m sure I’ll be back here with questions but for know I’ll take it easy. Thanks again Andy.

Happy New Year!!! 2019

1 Like

Would you like to tell us the solution?

2 Likes

Here you go!

Photo Library Repair

YES this is happening to me too. Everyone says to fix in permissions, that does not work. Should I install an old RT then install the new one again?