Mac OS High Sierra (10.13) DarkTabe incompatible?

I did try to install DT4.0 BUT, it seems to be incompatible with OS X High Sierra (10.13)
Is this so? : (

In any case, CONGRATS TO the DT team for this new release!!! : )

it seems that OS version is out of support from Apple. So upgrading is adviced.

1 Like

Some more detail would be nice.

1 Like

I was trying to find the Minimum System Requirements to install DT4.0 on Mac.
Yes, High Sierra is an “old” Mac OS… Dreaming of getting a new computer…eventually…
thanks!
a: )

Is there an error message? He did you install it?

I installed it the usual way I did all the early versions. When I uncompressed the .dmg file the icon the DarkTable shows up with a white symbol (“prohibited”) on top. Although I could move it into my “Applications” folder, when I try to open it a message says “this version of DarkTable runs on OSX10.14”.
On the DarkTable official site on the Install page it says:
macOS
This bundle supports macOS versions starting with 10.7 (Lion) running on 64bit Intel architecture.
I have an Intel iMac running OSX 10.13.
It would something else if I could install it on my ( : present : ) computer!

a : )

I dont use macOS. So I cant help much. Looking at the mac built instructions in Github (line 36) it shows that the target build is 10.14. Most likely the website needs to be updated to say 10.14. You can try to build to 10.13 or a mac developer might be able to assist.

1 Like

10.13 seems unsupported while 10.14 is still supported by dt 4 (I just tried it on a 10.14 install). macOS 10.13 and 10.14 are both unsupported by Apple.

If your mac does not support later versions of macOS, you can use OpenCore Legacy Patcher to install it anyway. Better yet, switch to Linux.

from Release Notes 3.8:

• The 3.8.x series of darktable releases will be the last that supports macOS 10.7 and building with Xcode 11.The next major release will require at least macOS 10.14 to run and Xcode 12 to build.

You might try to build it yourself with an appropriate Xcode version on your system and without setting macosx_deployment_target. But there’s a risk you even might fail building the macports prerequisites.

1 Like