Made many attempts on this one, just learning Darktable.

Shot this summer in norway, 48MP mode Mavic Air 2. I find it a bit noisy and also very hazy. This is my latest attempt, anyone want to take a crack at it?

I’ve done so many attempts on it. I like the composition itself, but a few obvious technical issues with it. Does this look overcooked?

This file is licensed Creative Commons, Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike
https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/

DJI_0248.DNG (92.1 MB) DJI_0248.DNG.xmp (71.0 KB)

7 Likes

Very nice picture, my try with DT 3.2.1

DJI_0248.DNG.xmp (5.7 KB)

2 Likes

Thanks :slight_smile: For some reason im not able to load the xml file. Also 3.2.1

DJI_0248.DNG.xmp (12.0 KB) DJI_0248_01.DNG.xmp (14.1 KB)

Nice image! Tried to keep the structure in the clouds.

DJI_0248.DNG.xmp (20.0 KB)

1 Like

@Tore_Valberg Welcome and nice photo!

I see it in your post.

Just a screenshot from RT processing (top) and your original processing (bottom) to show the amount of detail RT was able to get from this raw file. I didn’t try to match colours and contrast.
I only tried to get max. detail

1 Like

That’s an excellent lens+sensor combination…

dji0.248.ma2.dng.xmp (38.8 KB) darktable 3.2.1

Thanks for sharing!

Here’s my take. For me the original material looks like it already has been denoised somehow.

DJI_0248.DNG.xmp (16.0 KB, dt 3.3)

My version processed in RT

DJI_0248-2.jpg.out.pp3 (14.0 KB)

1 Like

Beautiful photo! Thanks @Tore_Valberg . Welcome to our community!

DJI_0248.DNG.xmp (5.9 KB)

Interesting, according to some reviews the 48Mp is stitched from 12 Mp images, I’m seeing some different textures when pixel peeping at the water (not good/ bad), certainly the resolution for the houses is something the algorithm has locked onto. Can’t help feeling that Panoramic might have been a better setting, highlight detail pulled back in RT, scaled and a selection on a luminous mask in gimp to remove the haze in the mountains, bit of tweaking to get the grass green again. Desaturated overall.

2 Likes

great shot, thanks for sharing.

DJI_0248.DNG.xmp (69.4 KB)

mostly darktable, but I always resize in GIMP and add grain using G’MIC. Also been liking a light amount of “Constrained Sharpen” after resizing lately too.

DT 3.2.1

DJI_0248.DNG.xmp (12,3 KB)

a-DJI_0248.jpg.out.arp (11.9 KB)

yeah pano may have worked. I do have a 360 from that same location though. Dji 0243

Its not actually multiple exposures, but its also not “true” 48MP. And they get more noisy than the native 12mp pics
How does DJI's Mavic Air 2 take 48MP photos and at what expense?.

1 Like

That’s a really nice location, there are many leading lines in the 360º and to think when I first got interested in photography all we had was a tall ladder :slight_smile: