Making good progress with DT Sharpen

I’ve got you beat :stuck_out_tongue:

the export button is ALWAYS enabled because you can export ALL non-built-in presets :smiley: so it’s fine:

also the save button in dialog is now called export...

Soooo you may suggest best tooltips as tooltips aren’t there YET. And if the manual (of 3.6) is lacking, then you may suggest improvements.

i suppose as a graphic designer for print and web (including UI) there shouldn’t be any ego involved in giving and taking constructive criticism to devs and designers. It wouldn’t be accurate to say this is great when it’s not. it would be how i would say it to a beginner, but in this instance i thought it was more useful to call a spade a spade :slight_smile:

Anyway I would like to say how much i do appreciate all the work the devs and others do on this and i know i take it for granted some times so i hope my bluntness doesn’t come over as ingratitude. As a long time Adobe user (and continuing one) it’s so easy to forget that this amazing software is all free! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

no you haven’t :slight_smile: not for all of use on the stable release 3.4.1.1. good to know it will be here in a week or so in 3.6

If there’s an import, there must be an export. With darktable 3.5:

In 3.4, you go to Preferences → Presets, find the preset, double-click, and choose ‘save’; it’ll prompt you for the name.

The name of the file will be <name of preset>.dtpreset, so in this case test.dtpreset.

1 Like

i said twice now i’m on the stable version aka 3.4.1.1 :wink:

… and we covered this too - perhaps you missed that as well? :slight_smile: but thanks anyway :slight_smile: